Chapter 37 - I Finish Yours

5 months later

"Avada.."

"KEDAVRA" 

A green light flashed blindingly bright, a pulse of electricity shooting so strong that the ground shook. 

She had fallen to the ground in an unnatural angle, her eyes wide open starring into the distance. 

"Lily has become a woman!" Ansel laughed wildly, closing the distance to me.

I threw my hand to him and lifted him off the ground. 

"It is Voidroe to you." I slowly started to tighten my open palm into a fist so his air was increasingly being limited. "And I have never known defeat."

Anselm eyes were in shock and anger as his face grew crimson, his eyes bulging. 

"You have been a nuisance Anselm," I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand. 

Small pebbles and rocks were levitating around us, the lake water shifting. 

My skirt rose to my knees, and I did not feel my hair around my face anymore. 

I tightened my hand even more, creating weight around his chest, making it more laboured to expand. 

His eyes small and beady like a snake. 

"DON'T TOUCH HI..."

I whipped my hand gently to the side without looking for Quinn to be knocked against a huge oak tree. 

She slumped, trying to catch her own breath. 

"You tricked me," I continued looking at him, tears forming in his eyes from the burn of the lack of air. 

Sebastian approached me, looking at Quinn then Ansel, then me.

"Lil-"

"I am tired," I interrupted him. My eyes felt heavy and I listened and closed them feeling the current not waver. "I am tired of trying to be a guiding light."

He put his hands over his head and took a deep ragged breath before dropping them and coming towards me.

He stood in front of me putting his hands on my face, pulling me to him. 

I did not stop starring at Anselm.

"Are you ok?" he intently inspected me, worried, acting like it was just us both in the whole forest.

I felt as if I was encapsulated inside of myself, his touches feeling blunt.

I looked into his dark almost black eyes and I felt myself swim just before breaking the surface. 

A snapping sound rang with the accompaniment of a heavy thud.

His pupils dilated. 

I had made my choice.