Chapter 7 - A Raven and A Shiny Broach

The night at The Three Broomsticks lasted till late. The sky was pitch dark and some older student's still were drinking and chatting, not seeming in any hurry to leave any time soon.

Sirona was clearing tankards left, right and centre, even kicking out a group of 3rd year Hufflepuff students who had found a half empty Firewhisky bottle. The 7th years saw it happening and although were the ones who had brought it in with them, cheered the group being forced to leave by calling them "bad small puffs".

I spent most of my time speaking to Garreth drinking Butterbeers, as others would come and join for a small conversation to float away again.

But I need to go out for some air. I excused myself from Garreth who was talking to Leander for the past 10 minutes and I went outside. As I opened the door I saw Sebastian standing with his arms crossed above his head trying to swallow the air around him.

I wanted to turn back inside in hopes that he wouldn't notice me, but the opening of the door and the releasing of the chatter and chuckle inside had immediately drawn his attention.

"Isn't it out noble Slytherin snake!" he unkindly announced sawing me, dropping his arms trying to seem as if I didn't catch him having a moment to himself.

"Did you sit outside and wait for an opportunity to throw your mean little line?" I looked at him trying not show too much of myself.

"Actually no. I am awaiting for Charlotte to bid farewell to her friends," he studied my face to see any affect from his words.

"How charming of you," I synthetically smiled and turned to go back inside.

"I see your cheap trick with Garreth worked like a charm. The man hasn't stepped out of your circle of influence for the whole night," he interjected to keep me from leaving.

"Sebastian Sallow, have you been ogling over me the whole night then?" I twisted around to face him once again.

We had just been friends. I could wrap my head around his frustration but I didn't understand his reason to resort to such deep anger with me. It felt like an inappropriate amount of feeling from him.

"Just admiring your manipulative strategies," he answered whilst bowing to me. "If only Weasley knew his different than other Slytherin girls was a prime shining example of all Salazar."

"What are you on about?" I made a grimace at him, the corner of my lip twitching. What had made him behave like this?

"Oh spare me the act. You even absorbed all of the ancient magic although Fig told you not to. Now he's dead, your moral light, might as well amuse all your own wants," he retorted swatting the air with an open palm to dismiss my confusion. 

I had told him one night before bed after we had the conversation in the Undercroft. He had asked how I had found out about Isadora and I told him everything. His eyes widened and he was left speechless. Until now that is. 

I felt my rage towards him bubble. With his last words ringing I thought of Ominis and Anne. I felt their disappointment, the lies, the twists they were forced through, finally thinking about myself and the rings I jumped for him. Something clicked and I couldn't stop myself. I didn't know whether it was the Butterbeers, the Firewhisky or just the pure rage I had in me that chose to escalate everything. I waltzed up to him and leaned very closely to his ear, my cheek almost brushing against his. 

"I didn't kill my own blood and cower," I whispered.

He whipped himself to face me and grabbed my lower neck to push me against the brick wall. He starred into my eyes enraged and astounded by my words. He slid his hand down from my neck, now resting it on the area between my collarbones, seemingly taken back of his aggression against me.