Chapter 33 - Divination

6 months later

"SEBASTIAN!" I screamed for him to hear although I was a few feet away. "Sebastian are you hurt!?"

I ran to grab him but my hands stopped before touching him.

"This... it's not mine," he breathed heavy. 

He was covered in blood, a splatter spanning from his jaw to his eyebrow, his clothes, his hands. 

"Look at me," I forced my hand to touch him.

He eyes lingered on his hands before he looked into my eyes. They were dark as if almost black. He was not present.

"Sebastian," I took his hands and tried to clean them in my cloak. The blood just did not stop, my cloak was covered now in streaks and they had stained him. I spit in his hands and tried cleaning more off, but as if dried watercolour paint, it reactivated and grew darker in colour. "Listen to me very carefully." 

I saw us from an aerial view. 

All the bodies.

I kept looking into his eyes but he was not there. I clasped both of my hands around his face and drew it close an inch from my eyes, our noses touching, "You will go, undress and wash in the lake. You will leave your clothes, cast the Disillusionment charm and sneak back into our common room. Then you will shower again and go to your dormitory and sleep. Understood?"

I finally found him in his eyes. 

"What about the-"

"You go to the lake and undress," I repeated still holding him. 

"I can't let you," he mustered realising what I wanted to do. 

"You will," I said unwaveringly. "Promise me," I starred at him removed. 

I did not feel the presence of my body anymore. 

"Lilith no, this is my fault," he whispered looking back to the ground then around him. 

I clasped my hands around him even tighter so he would stop looking. "Sebastian, I am better, faster and more powerful than you are."

For the first time I saw a reaction from him. A brief piece of him returned. 

"You are getting in my way. I need to you leave and wash in the lake," I said, feeling myself get further away from myself. I was not there anymore. I was not in the forest with him.

"Ok," he reluctantly and forcibly says. I let go of him and he walked behind the tree lines in an almost hypnotised state.  

"I could never give up on her," where the last words I almost barely heard from him as he disappeared completely behind a huge oak.

I wish you had. This is not a kindness.