Chapter 43 - Family Presence*

Sebastian approached Highwing very slowly as the Hippogriff did not lower its stare from him for even for a second. 

I scooted forwards, allowing Sebastian to have some space to get on. 

He slowly placed his hand on Highwing and it dug his hooves into the ground with another screech. 

"Merlin!" Sebastian jumped back again and the Hippogriff let out short and hushed squawks. 

It was laughing. 

"Just get on," I shook my head at the thought. 

"I'ts not a-aAH" I pulled Sebastian by the hand up Highwing's back.

The Hippogriff did not waste a second and made a running start to fly off. 

Sebastian firstly held on to the sides of my shoulders, gingerly and lightly but as the Hippogriff jumped in the air, he clutched around my waist, locking his hands in front of me. 

I laughed feeling his grip tighten. He was clutching to me for safety which was incredibly out of place. 

I had never seen Sebastian scared.

Joy fleeted form me as I thought about the Catacombs, but as I did Highwing bellowed a deep howl before nosediving to river. 

"MERLIN, GODRIC AND ALL THE SORCERERS," Sebastian yelled, gripping me even tighter. 

Highwing pulled upwards just as his claw broke the surface of the water. 

I laughed as the adrenaline rushed to me in a huge wave, washing the previous thoughts away. 

I just had to survive the moment. 

_____

We were just seeing Feldcroft in the distance as Highwing landed. There was a small walk ahead of us. 

As the Hippogriff finally stopped and folded its wings, I still felt Sebastian's hands tightly wrapped around my waist, clutching to each of his own arms.

I looked down at them. I just couldn't move. 

"..P-Pardon!" he exclaimed and dropped them from me. 

"That is alright," I laughed and jumped of the Hippogriff, him following suit. 

I went up to the Hipogriff and pet its beak. 

It allowed it for a few strokes before stomping his hooves. An indication it was time for it to go. 

"How long have you partaken in little rides with Hippogriffs?" Sebastian asked, his gaze following Highwing's beating wings in the distance. 

"A little while," I smiled thinking he would have lost it if I had introduced him to the The Lord of The Shore. 

I toyed with the idea but had chosen against it, not knowing how it could react. What I did know for certain was that Sebastian could not withstand its trial of worthiness. 

I barely had. Ancient Magic and all.

We walked in silence for a little while. 

I looked at the road, feeling as if I recognised its turns. I felt a small pit in my stomach as more and more of the road and landscape became even more recognisable.

Last time I had been in Feldcroft with Sebastian is when he had casted the Imperio curse on a goblin and forced it to drive its dagger into its heart. 

Last time I myself had been in Feldcroft was when the shopkeeper informed me that a gloom had befallen the village, its member Solomon Sallow unexpectedly having had died in his sleep.