Chapter 12 - The Forbidden Forest*

We spent the whole day in the library. With everything that was going on and with what started as an escape to the library just for some shelter away from others, we came to the realisation that we actually had so much work and homework that had gotten ignored the first week back at Hogwarts. We didn't go to dinner still being full from lunch and wanting to avoid our Housemates. At around 8 pm Imelda went out and sneaked in a packet of every flavour beans and fudge flies, which we finished completely in the matter of minutes.

After another few hours Scribner came up to us tell it was soon curfew and we needed to head back to our dormitory. Then she went and did her rounds informing other students drowning in their books. 

We walked back and Imelda returned the conversation to my upcoming outing.

"Is it a date?" she asked as we went down to the basement. 

"We are just friends going out," I denied it all. 

"You're so oblivious," Imelda answered half annoyed. 

I didn't answer her back. 

_____

Curfew was in 10 minutes as I stood bent to my trunk looking at clothes. Imelda was reading a book and Grace and Violet talking about something in hushed voices. I decided I wasn't going to change to not make it a bigger deal than it was, but I did grab a half sweater that covered my arms but revealed the lower part of clothes. I glanced at Imelda as she rose her eyes to me looking at the sweater and shrugging, gesticulating 'so-so' with her hand. 

I didn't have time for patience for anything else and just threw my hand up to show it doesn't matter. 

I slowly made it for the door. Grace shot me a look but just turned her head back and rolled her eyes. Everyone was used to me sneaking out in the night last year, so they probably just thought that nothing had changed regarding my strange mannerisms. Another year of the same.

I didn't waste time and casted the Disillusionment charm as I exited the door to make my way up the common room. Nobody was out, most definitely because it was a school night. I was thankful for the silence and made my way out the door of the Faculty tower that lead to the Gryffindor common room. 

The castle was quiet and empty. Not even Prefects were out and the only worry were a few Hogwarts ghosts patrolling the corridors. There were no issues and I had finally made it the third floor as I saw Garreth pleading with the Fat Lady. 

"Shut up! Shut up!" he whispered at her. 

"Students are not to sneak around at night!" she whispered angrily back at him. 

Just before realising what was going on I had already removed the Disillusionment charm. 

"Godric's Heart another one!" The Fat Lady portrait exclaimed now looking at me. "And a Slytherin student! Why are you here deary, you must be lost," she now talked freely. 

"Shhh!" Garreth pleaded with her. "Keep your voice down!" he looked at me and nervously waved then back at the portrait.

"Oh! You both are here to meet-" the portrait chirped

"SHHHHH" Garreth huffed with his chest to her. 

"-each other!" The Fat Lady returned to a whisper. "Oh I see, alright. I can hold a secret for young love," she coyly looked at Garreth then winked at him. "I've seen nothing!" she finishes and closes her eyes, imitating a snore. 

"Merlin please go," Garreth turned to me and waved his hands for me to go down the stairs. "Please, please, please," he ran to me and started walking in a quick pace down.