Chapter 34 - End of the Book

Present day

"So how was the date actually?" Imelda asked as we walked out of the Great Entrance doors and turned to the bridge leading us out the castle closure. 

"It was..." I stopped and thought what one word could describe it all. "Different."

"Explain."

"We had an argument before we even made it to the location of the date. When we made it, the tension never dropped but got replaced?" I tried explaining. 

Not much time had even passed since we were just dangling our feet in the sky. I turned to look back at the castle and saw the Astronomy tower spire. My heart fluttered. 

"Can you try to be a little bit clearer," Imelda did not want to entertain my metaphors. "I know it is impossible for you to do so, but try for my sake."

I sighed and started again, "Remember I said I had a lot of feelings towards him?"

"Yes."

"Well they are present all the time. I want to either fight him or...kiss him. They interchange with equal passion," I said wincing from the last words. They felt so childish. 

"HA," Imelda exclaimed at me. "So I assume some heavy petting against the fur happened."

I told Imelda everything, but this was the first time I had ever been so intimate with anybody. My face burned just from the mere thought of what we did, and I knew there was no way of retelling it. It was mine to keep for myself. 

"It was nice," I started to speak again. "But it is never simple and slow. There is always tension?"

Imelda shot me up a suggestive brow.

"Not like that," I dismissed. "It feels like we are always on the end or a start of an argument. I am also very nervous around him. Not in a romantic way."

I liked going on a date with him. I liked speaking to him, being next to him, having his hands on me. But the memories of him pushing me against the wall by my neck and him holding the nape of my neck to push me to him kept swirling around me. 

I think I liked both incidents equally

I grew slightly dizzy by the realisation. 

"It's a very strange relationship you have with him," Imelda spoke over my growing nausea. "Whether it is or is not a romantic one."

I did not say anything to her and just focused on breathing regularly for the nerves to pass. 

"Nerida?" I asked just to hear her speak about anything else. 

"What about her?" she scrunched her eyebrows at me. 

We were walking along the country cobbled path, leaves only just starting to turn yellow and red. 

"The Quidditch celebration?" I added.

"What about it?" she spoke as if Nerida was nothing but a distant classmate. "We danced in a group. But mostly I tried to keep distance," Imelda said with a slight laugh.