Chapter 54 - Thorns and All

I casted the Imperturbable charm and felt a huge cascade of energy hit against the shield, my shoes slightly dragging from holding it down.

There was a second cooldown period and I removed the shield and Petrified Astoria, only to have Diffindo zip right past my side from Hector's casting. 

Astoria managed to reverse the charm to return to full mobility. 

My right bound hand involuntarily tugged. There was a small possibility I had bitten of more than I could chew. I ducked from Lawrence's basic cast and was forced to roll on my back from Lenora's Confringo cast. 

My right armed ached from the odd pressure of the ground. I ducked again and casted Levioso on both Lenora and Lawrence, blasting them with Diffindo against the adjacent wall to gain some extra time to separate the group. 

"BOMBARDA" Hector yelled and I sharply twirled on my foot to turn to my side. 

It barely had missed. 

I rose my wand to Hector, "Imp-"

I stopped and lowered my wand, ducking again from another basic cast from my right. 

Fuck. I had completely forgotten I couldn't cast the Unforgivables. 

I was in more trouble than I thought. 

Another Confringo zoomed at me and I pulled away last second, my robe close to have been in the line of fire as I had jumped out. 

"Stupify," I casted back at Dylan. "Glacius. Diffindo," I double casted at Astoria who fell, grabbing her head in pain. 

My right arm was fighting tugging against the belt to get free. 

Despite my own predicament I could not help but look at the crowd cheering and observing. Sebastian stood still behind everyone, bitting his nails watching at it all unfold. 

I instinctively looked back at my opponents and sharply retracted my shoulder back as another immobilizing spell zoomed at me.

I casted Diffindo, Confringo, Bombarda, Levioso, Accio, Descendo, Incendio, Expelliarmus at anyone and everyone. 

The remaining four were on the floor panting the same way I was. 

A brief cooldown, I did not hesitate and rose my wand to flip Dylan around before sharply descending him back into the floor. I casted Levioso and Descendo again and again until he let go of his wand, the fall of the wood echoing around the room.

I dropped him and quickly ducked out of Lenora's cast. 

Three remaining. 

I ran behind Lawrence and casted Petrificus Totalus. He fell face first, and before he impacted the ground I casted Expelliarmus and Accio to Lenora. 

"Arresto Momentum, Depulso," I pushed Lenora away as she crashed into the door of the black gate. 

One left. 

Hector. 

I tightened and released my knuckles around my wand, cracking my neck left to right as I slowly walked towards him. 

He was clutching his wand with both of his hands, panting wide eyed. 

"Diffindo!"

I swiped the cast with the Imperturbable charm, still walking closer. 

He started backing up. 

"CONFRINGO"

I casted the Imperturbable charm, taking another few steps.