Chapter 16 - Revelations

I kept walking fast and angrily down random corridors without direction. I could feel tears streaming down my face against me trying to keep them in. I didn't know where I was going but I could hear a Gryffindor Prefect start angrily calling and running to me.

"You are supposed to be-"

I shot my hand to him he dragged with considerable force across the room. 

It was magic, but I had no time to want to consider how I had done it. 

I kept running, my sight being in complete blur from the tears. Everything was a blur and I was suddenly outside. I kept darting off for what felt forever. 

When I finally stopped I was at the Boathouse. 

I dropped my bag and just gave in. I started crying. 

I was so angry at Sebastian and how he made me feel. How he had made me feel. I felt frustrated at myself for allowing him to push me so far to use Ancient Magic in front of everyone. And he was excited by it! I remember the wild eyes he had looked at me with. 

'I wanted to see it.'

I felt incredibly simple. I didn't want to participate in his games but I kept finding myself near him, hoping the next time was not like the last. 

I hoped he cared for me but he kept putting me in situations I didn't want to be in. I had never seen gentleness towards me from that man.

"Lilith!"

I heard distant calling. 

Oh god no. 

The door creaked open and Sebastian stood there with his own book bag, out of breath and sweaty. 

"Go away Sallow," I said still looking at the water. I didn't want him to see me in tears. 

"Lilith, hey, I'm sorry," he dropped his bag next to mine, coming towards me.

"No!" I threw my hand back for a force to drag the whole of him back to the location of the door.

He let out a small grunt as his back hit the door. 

I hid my face in my hands and couldn't stop the tears from coming. 

"Lilith look at me," he persisted with a tone I hadn't heard from him before. 

The tears were drowning me and I felt panic ensue me. 

I wanted everything to stop. 

"Lilith, please look at me," Sebastian's voice kept echoing. 

I closed my eyes and dropped my hands to my sides. 

I could feel him slowly walk to me. 

I suddenly felt his arms on mine as if he was steadying me. 

I felt dizzy.

"Please look at me," he repeated softly, his voice cracking.

I opened my eyes to see him. He had worry lines and his eyes were intently observing me with custody.