Chapter 5 - A Simple Fun

I needed to tell Garreth it was all my fault. The only reason we weren't given a foul is because he thought I wasn't absolute dingbat to ever ask for him to be knocked over.

Our common room was a mixture of emotions, some student's cheering whilst others would tell them off that they we haven't won anything yet.

"What a wet rag Nellie was, it was all a part of the game!" someone scorned.

It seemed the House general consensus was that Sebastian's action was fair game and we deserved the win.

It was a little bit past 3 pm, meaning the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff's friendly was underway. I could only expect that they would have a less eventful match. I couldn't see Sebastian anywhere in the room. He must have probably gone change and go watch the game. Maybe Charlotte was in the tryouts.

Imelda finally emerged from the dormitories and saw me across the room.

"What the fuck was that?!" she didn't even wait to reach me before crying out.

She shoved a third year student out of her way.

"If he pulled this during an official match? Fair game. But during a Quidditch friendly?! Has he Merlin damned lost his mind?!" Imelda now reached me and released all her wrath. "No way in Azkaban that wasn't going to be a foul," she went on. "ONLY saving grace being Weasley's strange affection towards you. If it wasn't for you, Quidditch this year would have been ruined!" she finally finished complaining.

"It was just a friendly? Surely the ga-"

"Did it look like friendly? I know you have never seen a real Quidditch match, but there was nothing friendly about this game. It was a non-officialised game from which the whole game card would have been created. If we had gotten a foul today," Imelda inhaled sharply, "we would have played one more game this year. Against the loser of this current 'friendly' going on," she air quoted the word friendly. "Everyone is so eager for Quidditch to resume that we are not following regular rules. Nevertheless all of it, it was dubbed a 'friendly'. He should have never pulled what he did," she went around me and crashed into the couch.

"It was my fault," I couldn't help but slip out.

"Explain," Imelda said sharply, still in her coach mentality.

I sat down next to her on the couch and half whispered to her, "Garreth made fun of Slytherin in passing and I joked to Sebastian to hit him with a bludger and to knock him off the broom. This happened before... you know what. I forgot about it but apparently Sebastian hadn't."

"You can never tell him!" Imelda shot up and looked at me.

"Sit down," I pulled her down back to the couch. "Garreth went off at Sebastian. I had never seen him so angry. Sebastian was about to tell him I was the one who had asked for it and nearly did."

"So did he tell him!?" Imelda shot up again.

"SIT DOWN," I pulled her down again. "No, but it is a matter of time. Sebastian looked at me as if I was loathsome cockroach after it all."

"Garreth cannot know until our rematch," Imelda struggled to stay seated.

"I can't lie to him..."

"Oh yes you can and you will!" she sharply turned her head to me and starred with wild eyes. "You will keep you mouth shut. Sebastian won't say anything. He hates tattletales," she looked at me to see what I would say.

"He broke his fucking shoulder Imelda," I looked back to see any reaction. 

Was I going mad to think that was crossing a line?