Chapter 9 - Insatiable*

I closed the door behind me and turned to the common room. I saw an empty room, as would be expected for how late in the night it was. I closed my eyes and leaned against the door thinking about the new excitement in my chest thinking about him. 

As I still stood thinking about everything that happened I felt a presence in the room. I opened to see a shadow shifting in the corner, coming towards me becoming clearer with each step.

I lost the simple whimsy joy swirling around me.

Sebastian came slowly almost dragging his feet to stand right in front of me. He kept looking on the ground as he moved.

I was frozen dreading but wanting to see what he was being driven to do.

He put each of his arms on the side of my face, leaning against the door. Our faces were once again inches away as he rose his eyes to look at my lips like I had done to him hours before.

Interactions with Sebastian were similar to facing an animal sniffing the air for fear but I no longer wanted to partake the role of pray. 

I shifted lacing my fingers behind my back as I looked back, coyly leaning my head on one side to see his gaze follow. I waited to see what he would do. I sensed his frustrations and confusion for this change. 

We were both drunk. That was the explanation for this. 

He was playing a game of his choice. I felt an innate need to force him to realise he was bellow me. I couldn't have him keep running into enemy camps headfirst without consideration for me. I was the reason he stood alive in front of me and he most likely did not share the same viewpoint.

I didn't know why I had such a noticeable shift with him. With Garreth things were fun and light. Sebastian triggered my flight and fight responses. 

"Did Charlotte not satisfy you urge? You're still hungry?" I asked him as he hadn't yet moved nor spoken.

"I'd turn ill if fed from you," he replied coldly, sliding his hands off the door taking a step back.

I took his tie and stretched it towards myself. I looked at it and saw small threads loose in the seams. 

I thought of everything we had shared last year again.

"Why are you doing this?" he half whispered. 

"Tell me to stop," I looked at him holding the tie up threatening to drop it from my hands. 

He pulled it out of my hands with a lash. 

I straightened from leaning the door, taking it as an indication for me to leave, but as I did he placed his hand back on the door in front of me to halt. 

I cocked my head back and rolled my eyes, now tired of the dancing around.

Sebastian paused, seemingly taking an inhale for courage to lean in to kiss me. 

I accepted his advance by partially parting my lips. 

He slowly leaned in and we kissed.

He was warm, his lips firm, nothing giving the impression of an awkward first. I thought of Charlotte and I felt my body was guilty more enticed into his touch. 

Our arms didn't reach for another but we were close. The kiss was almost of an investigative nature, trying to see if it awoke feelings of desire for each other. To understand the reason behind the energy that pulsated between us. 

He turned his head to allow more space and although we both were reserved we closed into each other even deeper. 

Sebastian's hand rose towards my waist stopping just before contact. The hand that had reached now tightened into a fist and dropped as if frustrated by his lack of discipline.

I slowly pulled back from him.

We looked at each other with mild amusement. 

"Goodnight Lilith Natrix," he took some steps back, looking at me now with a softer but still alert eyes. 

"Goodnight Sallow," I looked at him with a small restoration of gentleness as I turned to the dormitory. 

He waited behind for me to leave first. 

A brute and a gentleman. 

He had strangled and kissed me.