Busted.

Oh shit. I nervously laughed as Edward helped me up.
"Hey Javier. What's up?"
"What's up." He said through clenched teeth. Why is he getting so mad over this?
"Hah, yeah, we'll um so this is Edward. Edward this is uh Javier..my..uh"
"Boyfriend." Javier cut in and suddenly his features changed. He smiled the biggest smile I've probably ever seem him wear and offered Edward his hand. Edward relaxed and shook his hand, but suddenly looked pained the second he grabbed Javier's extended hand.
"So. Who are you to my girlfriend hm?" Javier asks nonchalantly, still clutching his hand. Edwards knuckles turned white and then I realized what was going on. He tried to let go but Javier was persistent, acting as if he couldn't tell in the slightest.
"Nothing!" Edward said to forcefully, "I just pushed her one-I mean... Like the eleva-"
"You what?" Javier's eyes narrowed.

"I uh meant the elevator dude I don't even know h-"
"Would you mind explaining that immensely interesting position on the floor please?"
"I fell and she tried to help me up."
"Nice meeting you." He let go of Edwards now purple hand and grabbed my arm.
"Javier wait- I- nice meeting you Edward! I'm so sorry about my emotionally controlling EX boyfriend who seems to think-"
"FAE. It's in your benefit to shut up right now. Just a suggestion." He said angrily.
"HE. FELL. Okay? God why are you so-"
"So what?"
"So... You have anger issues that you seriously need checked out!" He laughed menacingly and shook his head.

"You do! And where are we going?"
"You have no idea." He murmured to himself quietly. "The other elevator. Back to our room and then we're leaving." We got to the elevator and Javier mumbled "what a marshmallow."
"What?"
"That kid. What a fucking marshmallow. He fell? And he needed little 5'3 you to pick his little ass up? Pfft." "So you're vertically abusing me now?"
"Don't get me wrong babe, I love your height. I'm just saying, you need a manlier guy than that little wimp. How old was he? 16?"
Babe? I liked that.
"More like my age. Not that you remember those days. It's understandable though, memory loss at your age is completely normal." I gave him a fake sympathetic look as he glared at me. He's the one always persisting he's oh so muh more mature than I am. Might as well agree. When it finally opened, we walked in and he pushed the button to the third floor.

I looked straight ahead, fighting not to look in his eyes as I felt his stare on me.
"I don't ever want you to flirt with anyone Fae." He said in a quiet yet firm voice. I looked over and surprisingly saw no anger, just complete seriousness.
"I don't understand...what-you're not my husband Javier-"
"What don't you understand?" He walked in front of me and put his hands on either side of me, forcing me against the wall. "I mean never let anyone touch you. Again." The elevator opened and revealed an older couple looking at us awkwardly. Javier moved and led me out, smiling innocently at the elderly couple. Innocent. Hmm, that's a new look for him. The walk to the room was silent and I kept attempting to shoot down what he had said earlier. Never touch someone? What? I will never understand the overbearing protectiveness that is Javier Maraz. He unlocked our door and grabbed my clothes, leaving the room service a note that read: I sincerely apologize about the door. But here is some money to help you fix it. He left a couple one hundred dollar bills on the desk under the note.

"Okay let's go."
"What about my car? Wait, DID YOU JUST LEAVE LORENZO? Around a bunch of drunk IDIOTS?!"
"Calm down, your friend took... Lorenzo home. Lorenzo?"
"My car. His name is Lorenzo."
"Right." I could see the corners of his mouth tilt into the slightest smile as we walked out to the elevator leading to the lobby. The elevator was playing some awkward romantic music that filled up our already awkward silence.

"Stop that."
"What?"
"Biting your lip. Quit it."
I didn't even realize I was but okay. Control freak.
"Is that a pet peeve of yours?" He looked uncomfortable.
"No. The opposite."
"So..I'm confus-"
"You tend to bite your lip for three reasons. Either you're concentrating on something, you're nervous, or you're hot and bothered." He looked over and stared right into my eyes.
"Which one do you think it reminds me of?"
"Oh.."
"It does something to me. So stop it." I realized I was doing it again. Shit. I quickly looked away before his eyes found a way into my mind and stared at the floor.