Dante

I woke up with a sudden alertness at 6:01. Not able to go back to sleep, I decided to get dressed and throw my hair up into a messy bun and get breakfast.

No one was up yet judging by the quietness of the house. I made my way into the kitchen, and heard sizzling. I walked through the doorway to see Javier cooking breakfast.

"Good morning Kitten." he said, his voice holding an amused undertone as if he were plotting something.

"..uh good morning." I replied, winding at my cracking voice, still groggy from sleep.

"Want some waffles?"

Any sleepiness left my body at that musical sentence.

"Waffles?"
He laughed. "Yes Maysún. Waffles."
"Hell yeah I want some waffles."

He smiled and continued cooking the waffles and sausage links. My hunger was driving me crazy, and I was about to go cannibalistic.

I looked over at him as he cooked. He was wearing black sweats and a tight white shirt, hugging his tight muscles as he flexed, picking up pans, stirring things. My eyes wandered down to his ass, the muscles tensing as he stepped around the kitchen.

He turned and my eyes met his crotch.
"Oh." I looked up a little too late, only to meet his smirk.

"Still hungry for waffles yes? Or-"
"Waffles yeah." I said in one breath, wanting the ground to swallow me up.

"Are you sure?" he continued, stepping toward me. "I could always make something else Fae."

"Shut up." my face flushed in embarrassment.

Smug asshole.

He laughed and carried on with his cooking. grandmother eventually woke up and joined us, but not before explaining to me just how many calories there were in 'just one waffle' as she continued eating hers.

Javier cleared his throat.
"Margaret, I know this is a lot to ask..but Fae has been dying to know about my own personal place. Plus, this way we won't be in your way while planning the wedding, and you know how much of a hassle Fae can be." he said with an innocent tone.

Hassle. Pfft. I'm a joy to be around.

"I was wondering if she could fly with me there in my jet..we will be there for only as long as you will allow of course, but a week at most. And she's been telling me of how she really needs to work on that tan..?"

Grandmother stood silently for as while I'm thought.

Was his place in Verona?

"Well..I will have to consult with her grandfather of course and you know how he is about his little Fae. Where exactly is your place?"

"An island in the Caribbean."
Oh hell yes.
"Well that sounds nice. It is a very good idea. The wedding has been a hassle and you and I know how troublesome that one can be. Have you asked your father?"

I sat there as they talked about me as if I weren't there.

I just really wanted to go to the Caribbean.

"I felt that asking you first would be more appropriate." he replied.

Such a gentlemen.

I scoffed at that thought and they both looked at me. I covered it up with a cough.

"Asking her what?" Grandfather walked in and I immediately put my puppy dog eyes on.

"Deare-"
"Please?"
"Please what?"
Grandmother and Javier explained everything to him.