Chapter 23 You're getting jealous!

Steve's P.O.V.

Grace and I settle down at the breakfast table with my father.

"Today, both of your faces are glowing. Am I missing something?" Dad asks, raising an eyebrow as he sips his coffee.

I exchange a glance with Grace, and a mischievous smirk plays on her lips.

"Oh, nothing, just some morning exercise, right, Steve?" She responds, smirking, and I nearly choke on my coffee.

After composing myself, I nod in agreement and clear my throat, trying to sound casual. "Yes, a refreshing morning indeed."

My father seems satisfied with our explanation, but there's a glint in his eyes. "Well, whatever the reason, it's good to see you two getting along for a change."

We share a forced smile, keeping the morning's encounter our little secret.

"Stop blushing like a teenager, Steve." As she whispers in my ear, I realise I was blushing.

I shoot her a look, irritated and embarrassed. "It's none of your business, Grace."

As we continue with breakfast, Dad discusses some business matters, but my mind keeps wandering back to the intense moments with Grace. We've crossed a line, and I wonder what consequences lie ahead for our already complicated relationship.

As I finish my breakfast, I excuse myself, deciding to head to the office early to clear my head. Grace gives me a sly smile as I leave, and I shake my head.

Jace's P.O.V.

Zara and I lie in her bedroom, wrapped naked in each other's arms.

"That was incredible," I murmur, feeling satisfied. A contented smile graces her face, but she remains silent.

My fingers trace circles on her back as I ask, "I hope I fulfilled your fantasy beyond expectations."

She nods, locking her eyes with mine. "It was more than I ever dreamed."

Stroking her face, I state, "You deserve nothing but the best."

She intertwines her fingers with mine, a soft smile playing on her lips. "And you gave me just that."

"I want to fulfil your all desires, baby." After leaning in, I place a tender kiss on her forehead.

She asks, "And what about you? Was it what you wanted?"

I smirk, admitting, "More than I expected. Our desires are surprisingly the same."

She lets out a soft laugh, a sound that feels like a melody. "Well, we're made for each other."

I chuckle, "True. So, what's next on your list of desires?"

She answers in a playful tone, "Hmm, that's a secret. Can't reveal all at once."

"Fair enough. We have time." I respond, tucking her hair behind her ear.

She rests her head on my chest, saying, "This feels right."

I pull her closer, savouring the closeness. "It does, Zara."

"I never expected this connection, this depth." She whispers, making imaginary patterns on my chest.

I run my fingers through her hair. "Sometimes, the unexpected turns out to be the most beautiful." Pausing, I add, "There's something I need to say."

She looks up, asking, "What is it?"

I confess, "I love you. Not just for our physical encounters, but for who you are."

She smiles with glistening eyes, "I love you too. This isn't just about the fantasy."