Chapter 54 Healing!

After putting the twins to sleep, we gently place them in the crib. Then, we lie in the bed, embracing each other.

A thought crosses my mind, and I apologise, breaking the peaceful silence. "Grace, I'm sorry."

She lifts her head from my chest and looks at me, narrowing her brows in confusion. "Huh?"

"Grace, I just remembered how I once locked you in the bathroom for the entire day after you shouted at the servant." I gaze at her with guilt in my eyes. "I should have understood you, but I always blamed you."

I can't shake off the image of her in such a terrible state this morning. It's making me regret my past actions even more. I wish I had inquired about why she was being so harsh with the servants and why she was so emotionless.

"Steve, there's no need to feel sorry. Your reaction was justified because you didn't know what I was going through." Stroking my stubble, she continues, "That day, I didn't just misbehave. I threw a cup of coffee at him. I deserved the punishment you gave me. Back then, my resentment towards servants blinds me. I couldn't see that not every servant is evil. Now, I recognise my past mistakes and understand that my childhood trauma influenced my mistreatment of people."

I just stare at her in amazement. Her insight and wisdom leave me speechless.

"When did my Grace become so wise?" I ask, a teasing smile playing on my lips.

She responds, grinning. "When I got such a sage husband. You know I have been influenced by your company."

I let out a chuckle upon hearing her words.

"I'm glad I influenced you," I confess, playing with her hair and fixing my intense gaze on her. "The woman you have become now is perfect, and I feel so lucky to have you."

"It happened because of you, Steve. Your love transformed me into a completely new person. The woman whom you're looking at now is your creation. You've made me better. For the world, there is God, but for me, there is you." She confesses, gazing deep into my eyes, touching the core of my heart.

I just move closer to her and capture her lips in a gentle kiss, but soon our kiss turns passionate. As we devour each other's lips, she straddles me and grinds herself against my hardness.

"Let me please you, husband." She whispers against my lips, slipping her hand into my joggers, gazing at me with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Go ahead, Wifey," I respond, grabbing her hair, and then I suck her lips hard, tugging at her hair.

As we break the kiss, she moves down, fixing her intense gaze on me, her lips curved in a smirk. Her expression makes my hard membrane throb.

This woman!

Her boldness has always ignited a fire within me, and tonight is no exception. And I missed her. My bold Wifey.

I watch with eagerness as she deftly removes my joggers, revealing my throbbing shaft. With a seductive smile, she takes me into her mouth, sending waves of pleasure through my body.

Fuck! I feel pleasure-immense pleasure, feeling her lips around my hardness. Just the warmth of her mouth brings me to the edges.

I moan in ecstasy, clutching her hair as she expertly moves her tongue, teasing and pleasuring me.

Oh God! She is so damn good at this.

***

After Grace falls asleep, I head to my father's room to clarify what happened to her in the morning.

As I tell him everything, he falls silent for a few seconds, trying to absorb the cruel reality of her life.

"Steve, take care of her." His words carry concern. The challenges Grace has faced in her childhood melt his heart. Finally.