Chapter 34 I've always loved her

In the evening,

In the evening,

Exhausted but relieved, Grace and I enter the room, both aware that this will be our last night of the contract marriage. There's a mixture of emotions swirling within me—relief from the false accusations and sadness that our paths will soon diverge.

"So, tomorrow our paths will be separated," I remark, breaking the silence.

She looks at me, a playful glint in her eyes. "Well, Mr. Grey, since it's our last night as a married couple, why don't we make it memorable?"

I raise an eyebrow, curious about her suggestion. "Memorable? What do you have in mind?"

She winks at me, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "How about we have sex as Mr. and Mrs. Grey for the last time?"

"Sure, why not?" I agree because I really want to make the last moment with Grace, my wife, unforgettable.

She chuckles, clearly surprised by my easy agreement. "I can't believe you agreed to this so easily, Steve."

I just stare at her. What should I do, Grace? I want this day to last long, want time to just pause and never end, but that's not in my hands. All I can do is make this moment memorable. My heart just wants to capture as many memories as possible with you.

"What happened, Mr. Grey? Where are you lost?" She inquires with curiosity in her eyes.

"Nothing, just thinking about to what extent we could go to make this night memorable, as it's our last night as a contract couple." I grasp her waist and yank her towards me.

Knowing that this will be the last time I'll be holding her waist and seeing her from so close breaks my heart. I wish I could make her stay with me, but it can't happen because we're so different from each other, and if we stay together, we'll keep fighting. So it's best for both of us to fall apart.

"Oh, so what have you thought?" She asks, her voice slow and sensuous, moving her index finger along my jaw.

Damn! She looks incredibly alluring with that voice and her eyes filled with intensity.

"I would prefer to show you instead of telling you," I breathe against her lips, drawing closer to her.

"Damn, you're getting me excited." She gazes deeply into my eyes, a grin playing on her lips.

As we move closer to each other, the air between us thickens with desire and anticipation. I can feel the warmth of her body against mine, and it sends shivers down my spine.

I capture her lips in a passionate kiss. It's a bittersweet feeling, knowing that after tonight, we will go our separate ways and this will be the last time I'll be feeling her lips against mine.

For now, we lose ourselves in the intensity of the moment. Our hands explore each other's bodies, tracing every curve. The connection we share is electric, intensified by a mixture of lust and the realisation that this is our last chance to be together in this way.