thirty eight

As soon as Nalani got back home, she packed all of her stuff and left. She made up a time with Miya on when she'd bring the younger girl to the private airport, so she'd be able to continue with her life knowing that she got safely into the plane.

Due to the plane being her family's, it has left right after she got in and to her surprise it took way faster that she has expected it to. Normally it'd take for her to get back to her family home over 12 hours but today she was home after 11 hours already, arriving exactly at 9.25pm.

As she got out through the private exit, she spotted her dad and her younger sibling, waiting for her at the elevators.

Her face immediately lit up at the sight of her family standing in front of her and suddenly she couldn't feel happier. As she made her way to them, she smiled brightly, being too excited to hug them already.

"Dad! Maven!"

"Nalani!", Maven, her younger sister, called out while running up to her sister. Maven was turning 12 next year, and meanwhile most of the teens these days were closed up and doing bad stuff, Maven was still a little girl, or maybe it was just Nalani remembering her that way, since they haven't lived with each other ever since maven has turned 9.

The two girls giggled in each other embraces until Maven has finally pulled away, allowing her sister to finally hug her dad.

"damn dad did you get fitter", she murmured from under his embrace, referring to him appearing a bit more built than those three months ago.

"no you just got wider", he replied with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"dad!"

"im kidding!", he called out. "i am actually going to the gym recently."

"ou dad!", she teased in an amazed tone. "moms finna fall in love with you once again, im telling you."

"hoping so", he shrugged.

As their conversation quit down a little bit, she let her dad lead her towards their car and as they finally arrived back home, her dad suggested her to go greet her mom and sister as he'd bring all of her stuff up to her old room.

Nalani opened the huge door that was leading towards her family's villa, and as she did so, a figure has appeared around the corner. It was her sister Naia, who was now walking back into the kitchen but as she noticed who was standing at the door she immediately squealed.

Angelina, their mother, who was now sitting at the kitchen table, ran out of the kitchen into the lobby, only to notice that her oldest daughter arrived back home and started squealing as much as Naia at the sight. They both ran up to her as she opened her arms, taking them in her embrace.

"my daughters home!", Angelina called out.

"yes, ma", Nalani giggled out. "how have you been?"

"we've been missing you!", Naia breathed out. "that's what we were."

"come, we've made food!", their mom called out, pulling her eldest daughter into the big kitchen, and sitting her down on one of their chairs.

Her mother took out all of the different dishes on the table as he demanded for her other two daughters to set the table in the dining room up.

"you did this?", Nalani asked her mother in an amazed tone.

Back to the days where she was still living with her parents, they usually didn't have time to cook and clean - that's why they've decided to hire people to do the work for them and that's when she started to get used to her mother not cooking for them.