forty three

They were all now sat at one of the round tables

They were all now sat at one of the round tables. Miya sat by the end of the table, then there was Nalani, Madelyn, Jonathan and Drew at the other end.

Currently the performance of Sabrina Carpenter was getting to an end, and as she finished performing, her and nalani both joined the audience to cheer for her.

In a matter of seconds the stage was set back to normal and another host just got up on stage to reveal the winner of the 'Song of the year' award, and as Nalani took a closer look at who it was, she recognized the familiar face that belonged to no one else than a friend of hers, Megan thee stallion.

The cameras started filming again and the automatic voice started talking as the lights got darker once again.

"and the nominations for the 'song of the year' award are - Boy's a liar by PinkPantheress and Ice Spice, Flowers by Miley Cyrus, Cupid by fifty fifty, Paint the town red by Doja Cat, Anti hero by Taylor Swift, Touch it by Nalani, Kill Bill by Sza and Die for you by The Weeknd."

Nalani felt Madelyn grabbing her hand from underneath the table as they waited for Megan to announce the winner, the tension growing each second even more and suddenly she felt like she needed to take off the long sleeved jacket that she had on due to the cold temperatures.

Megan has greeted the crowd and proceeded to open the envelope slowly. "and the winner is....", she spoke up while peeking into the envelope.

"ANTI HERO BY TAYLOR SWIFT!"

Anti hero started playing in the background as Taylor Swift has made her way up the stage after hugging everyone in her circle for the first 20 years, to pick up her award and hold her speech that she surely wouldn't be holding only once this night.

"i might be tweaking bro", Drew murmured towards the friend group as they all stared at the big stage.

"i told you", Nalani replied as she let go of Madelyn's hand, plopping down to her chair.

"there's still five more", Madelyn reassured the brunette, not even caring to listen to what the older woman on the stage was currently saying.

Before Nalani could say anything else to her best friends, the lights went off and the automatic voice welcomed another host to the stage.

This time the nomination was 'collaboration of the year' which would get presented by Dua Lipa in a matter of seconds.

As the lights went back off and Dua was getting on stage, the automatic voice echoed through the entire hall once again.

'and the nominations for the 'collaboration of the year' are - boy's a liar by Pinkpantheress featuring Ice Spice, Water by Tyla featuring Nalani, Unholy by Sam Smith featuring Kim Petras, Seven by Jungkook featuring Latto, Calm down by Rema featuring Selena gomez and I'm good (blue) by David Guetta featuring Bebe Rexha."

The tension was building up again and this time it was Nalani who grabbed Madelyn's hand. The lights went back on and Dua Lipa was now standing by the standing microphone, greeting the audience.

Jonathan has ducked himself in fear, crossing his fingers in the meantime as he talked something underneath his nose, not allowing anyone else to hear except for himself.

Drew had put his elbows against his thighs, as he held his head with his hands, staring into the big banners with the hope for Nalanis face to appear on them soon.

"and the winner is.....", she spoke up while opening the envelope. As she read to herself whatever was hidden at the inside, she took a quick glance around the arena, taking in the audience and took a deep breath.

"WATER BY TYLA FEATURING NALANI!"

Nalani couldn't believe her ears as she stormed up from her seat, looking around in confusion as her best friends stood up to take her in a tight hug.

Suddenly water started playing in the background and that's when it finally got to her. Tyla and Nalani really did win the award against so many amazing artists.

Drew sent nalani over a small pat on the back as she started looking around the hall for Tyla, who she didn't get the chance to spot today yet. Everything has been happening so fast that she didn't notice her best friend appearing from her right, but as they noticed each other, Nalani immediately sprinted over to hug her.

Tyla grabbed Nalanis hand and walked all the way to the stage by her side, still making sure to adjust her long dress every now and then.

As the music stopped playing and the stage was all theirs, tyla spoke up towards the audience. "this is crazy!" as she took off the award from Dua, while stretching her arm out to nalani so they could get ahold of this award together.

"i can't believe this!", nalani called out. "we would never have expected us to win this award in such a small amount of time, thank you so much!"

"yeah! i wanna thank my parents, fans, friends, my whole team and mostly my dear friend, Nalani", Tyla smiled as she brushed her finger across nalanis hand.

"i wanna thank my family as well, i wanna thank my friends, fans, Tyla - my baby, and everyone dear in my life", Nalani spoke up as she turned to face Tyla. "thank you for making it possible for me", she added as she went in for a hug with Tyla.

After finishing their speech, the got guarded down the stage, due to the upcoming performance, that was awaiting a stage set up first.

Nalani and Tyla cheered to themselves as they walked back to their tables, sending each other kisses as they promised each other that they'd see each other later.

The second Nalani got back to her best friends, she put the Award down as they cheered for her. Each one of them suddenly took out their phone, telling her to grab the award for a picture.

"that's our best friend damn!", Jonathan called out as he filmed Nalanis happy celebration.

2ND UPDATE BUR A BIT SHORTER ONE SORRYYYYYY