forty seven

"what's gonna happen now", nalani questioned from under his embrace.

"what do you mean?"

"with us", she replied.

It took him a few seconds to proceed the question as he sighed. "i still want us to be a thing", he admitted. "do you?" - he asked as he felt her nod in agreement.

"then-", he stopped as he tried to find the right words. "one step at a time" - he stopped again. "i'll give you time to proceed everything and we'll rebuild everything from the beginning."

She looked up at him and let out a simple "one step at a time", as she tried to seem like shes trying to cope with what he had just said. "hm that sounds boring."

She barely got to finish her sentence, when Jude murmured a simple "you're right" and before she could think any further, he was already kissing her.

The Kiss went on for the next 20 seconds until Jude hasn't pulled away and they found themselves in their embraces once again. "i love you nalani."

"i love you Jude."

"one more thing", he reminded himself.

"hm?"

"will you accept it back?", he questioned while stretching out his hand on which she has noticed the pink heart promise ring, that she had returned to him last week.

"i guess i'll have to", she teased as she threw the ring on her finger.

Nalani and Jude could almost call them as much as a couple again. During their conversation, each one of them has explained their point of view to the other from which they finally got to understand each other better in this situation.

They've spent their last two hours on talking about stuff that they didn't get to tell each other in the past few days, and there was a lot.

Nalani updated him on how the premiere went, how OBX 4 teaser was about to drop very soon, how she has finished most of the work for her upcoming album and how she has spent her time in italy meanwhile he has updated her on his games and every mental breakdown he had gone through as he had to live with Jack for a little every time they flew out.

And finally as the clock has hit 5, Jude had left nalani's house due to todays training and she decided to call her best friend.

As the blonde finally got on the phone, questioning everything due to her curiosity, nalani basically dropped a quick "we're back together", not letting her best friend proceed anything.

Madelyn stopped in her words and knitted her eyebrows. "WHAT?"

Nalani grinned at her best friends confusion. "yep."

"what do you mean 'we're together'?", her best friend squeaked out. "just like that?", she questioned. "you've been texting me all the way through and didn't tell me?"

As the brunette started to explain everything to her friend, she received lots of shocked reactions. Madelyn was on Nalani side even if the world was going to fall apart, that's why she had been skeptical about it at first, but the more she heard, the more she started to trust Jude with her.