Chapter 4 ( Reason)

CHAPTER FOUR

JUNGKOOK POV

Prison. My time in there has defined me now. It reshaped my future and it crafted my life. Before prison I was empty, soulless, and reckless. I was still soulless, but I had found a purpose. That purpose being the Devil's Cut.

I never thought the most feared, most dangerous motorcycle club would give me a purpose. I didn't see my life heading anywhere; didn't have a fucking direction or plan for the future. So when they approached me in prison and drafted me, I didn't fight it.

It didn't scare me that I was going to join one of the world's notorious motorcycle clubs. I lived my life by two qualities: loyalty and I don't give a fuck what others think. So I didn't waste a second on what people's opinion of me would be. I didn't care if people thought I was reckless, soulless, or heartless. I didn't give a fuck what anyone thought.

I have no fear. Some would say I was fearless. Hell, that's what other blokes called me until Wooshik , the Mother Charter President of the Devil's Cut, gave me the vice president patch. I went from being called Fearless to Vice quickly.

I was the acting Vice President in prison. I was the enforcer there. Made sure everyone was safe, protected, and Wooshik noticed my active role in making sure his members were safe in there. I did one year of being a prospect and I was given the vice president patch, six months after my prospect year ended.

It was unheard of. A member had to serve the club for years, and even than that didn't mean they would be given a title or become a VP.

Wooshik lasted six months with me behind bars acting as vice president, then he needed me out in the world-he needed his VP at his side.

So they organised an appeal.

I sure as hell didn't see it being successful. But the club pulled strings. And before I knew it, I was out nearly two years early.

I got a four year sentence for beating a man that deserved it.

Still to this day I could never say I loved Yuri. She was my girlfriend at the time. I was only with her because it was expected and I was having regular sex with her. It made sense to be her boyfriend: I needed sex, and she was good at it. It wasn't like I was in love with her. I didn't feel love for anyone. Not even my family. Sure, I respected them and cared for them. But love? I don't think I could call it that.

I didn't really know what love was. My parents never showed it to each other. I got four years for hitting Yuri's Dad when he dared to hit her in front of me. It was an automatic response. I punched him and, like always, when the lid came off my temper it came right off.

How did Yuri thank me? She broke up with me as soon as I was charged and out of her life. So I didn't feel or do love.

Loyalty however I do feel. I felt loyalty for the club. I think if I had to pick what love was I would say I felt it for the club. The first thing I did when I got out of prison was get the permanent patch, which was a tattoo of the club logo and shield on my back.

It was my first tattoo and not my last. The tattooist was now working on my arm. When I'm finished I doubt there'll be any bare skin left.

I pulled up at the restaurant. I wasn't in colours. It wasn't heard of for a member not to be in colours, especially when they are a vice president.

But my Dad wouldn't let me wear colours near the house.

He publicly disowned me when I got let out. When he was questioned on my early release, he confirmed what the media thought: he had nothing to do with me. The only reason I was at their house was because it was part of the condition of my parole. That and, for some reason, Mum also wanted it. She thought she could change me; wouldn't accept the fact that I had made my decision and I wasn't ashamed being a known criminal.