Chapter 6 ( "What a jerk")

CHAPTER SIX

TAEHYUNG POV

I dreaded school. I suffered through every hour-every minute-of every day, which was a big change for me because I used to love it. I loved learning. I loved spending time with my friends, and I really loved the sense of accomplishment I got when I finished a day.

Now...

Now I hated every second of it -the teachers, the lessons, the sitting still. And you know what I hated the most? That I was tortured by seeing my best friend and boyfriend act sickly in love!

Art was the only class I had on my own. I wanted to go back in time and kick myself; the three of us teed it up last year. I made sure that I was in all of SUNGHOON and Jimin's classes. And now, when I wasn't over hearing jimin gush about how sweet sunghoon is to him, or what he had just purchased him or how much he loved him, I was being forced to watch them as a couple.

Like I said, I hate school.

My grades were already dropping from my lack of interest, which scored me extra credit work to do. That is exactly how I wanted to spend my weekend-working on fractions and a report on endangered animals.

It was the middle of the day and I was at my locker, putting my books away. The first thing I did at the start of term was rip down every picture of me and sunghoon and me and jimin plastered inside my locker.

I was getting out my sunglasses and shutting my locker door when I jumped.

"Hey, Tae." Fuji grinned at me. I hadn't seen him standing there. Fuji's locker had been next to my locker for years. But he had left to go overseas last year.

I ran a hand through my hair and nervously smiled. I was still slightly surprised to see him.

"Hey, Fuji, how are you?" I had to be nice. He had been a good friend. But he had been more of a friend to Sunghoon than me. Like all my other "friends", they were more Sunghoon's than mine. So it wasn't a huge surprise when they sided with him.

"Really good. I've missed you and it's already showing in my math and it is my first day back." He kept grinning at me like he really was that happy to see me. "How's Sunghoon? I haven't seen him yet."

And there was the question I was hoping wouldn't come up. For some stupid reason I thought I would escape before he asked that question.

Laughter filled the hall and I thought this moment couldn't get any worse. But that laugh... well, that laugh now was the cause of most of my nightmares.

"Oh, here's Sunghoon and Jimin now. Should have guessed they wouldn't be far from you." Fuji waved over my shoulder and then he frowned.

I took a stab in the dark and guessed that Jimin was probably clinging to Sunghoon's side, or they were doing what they always did-and that was kissing. I swear that was all they did around me. Their lips were always locked.

Disgust is what I felt when I saw it.

Fuji looked back at me. "Am I missing something?" Well, that was a very good question. And yes, he was. He glanced back at the happy couple that were by the sound of it coming closer."Sunghoon and I broke up," I said.

Fuji's eyes snapped back to me, wide and alarmed. "You're joking, right?" He looked at me like I was lying.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw jimin back Sunghoon against the hallway wall, looking like they were about to make out. I looked back at fuji.

"Does it look like I'm lying? Jimin would be his new boyfriend," I clarified the details.

"Who broke up with who?" Fuji did something I didn't expect:)he leaned against his locker and seemed more interested in that question than the show behind me. Actually, I was surprised he wasn't bolting to go say hi to Sunghoon and blowing me off. Wasn't like he had to put up with me anymore...