Chapter 14( Top of the food chain)

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

TAE

I kept wondering why people were staring at me as I walked down the hall and cut through the canteen. When I came to a stop out the front of the school gates, I ran a hand through my hair. I hadn't exactly got ready this morning. I'm sure it showed how I spent my weekend-in bed with a man.

"Didn't take you as a supporter."

I frowned and looked to my right. A guy I had never seen before was speaking to me. I had no idea what he was talking about so I turned my head back and waited for Kook.

"You know, you have been the news of the school," he continued.

I groaned. Why couldn't I be left alone? I turned to face him, as much as I didn't want to. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Come on, you are out of school uniform. That brings attention. But that top..." He stepped towards me, and I noticed that he was also out of uniform, with ripped jeans, a loose t-shirt, and piercing everywhere. Why was he judging me on being out of the uniform when, from one glance at him, I was positive he didn't even own one.

Finally his words registered. "What am I putting on display?" Tilting my head, I turned around completely and stepped towards him, really interesting in the answer.

He nodded his head to my top. "You are a supporter of The Devil's Cut. One look at you and everyone knows you aren't club property. So you must be dating someone in the club- and high enough up that you aren't looked at as just another boy. Someone's claiming you."

I think all expression was wiped from my face. Was that why everyone was staring at me today? Because they thought I was dating a Devil Cut member and that Max had claimed me? I didn't realize wearing something with their name on it made you a supporter. I didn't know that this top was screaming, "I'm taken by a Devils Cut member."

There was a beep behind me, and I glanced over my shoulder, seeing Kook in the car, waiting.

The guy laughed and I looked back at him.

"What?" I asked. This explained why every male I went near today did a double take and then backed away like I was toxic. I let out a frustrated groan when the guy didn't stop laughing. "What the hell is so funny!" I yelled at him.

He nodded his head to Kook's car, his laughter stopping. "I see you've gone to the top of the food chain."

What the hell did that mean?

He was mad. Insane. I was talking to an insane person. With that, I spun around and headed for the car. It wasn't like I was in a great mood all day. But my mood was really foul now. Did Max know what he was doing with his little stunt? That I had spent the day walking around not just assumed to be a supporter of him and his club but also his man.

I was nobody's man.

I opened the door roughly and got in, throwing my handbag on the floor and slamming the door shut.

"Ok, who pissed you off?" Kook's eyes were on me.

"I'm not pissed off. I'm furious." I turned to look at him. "Can I hire you to kill someone?"

He broke out laughing. "I'm not killing my brother." He pulled out onto the road. "Anyway, who said I'm a violent person?"

"I've known you long enough to know your character." I turned and looked him in the eyes. "And you, kook, are a hot head."

His laughter continued and he shook his head. "Apart from wanting to kill my brother, how was your day?" he said easily.

I crossed my arms and glared out the window. I did not want to repeat how my day was. It was crap. Not only did I have to suffer through school, but I also walked around basically yelling to the world that I was claimed by a Devil's Cut member.