Chapter 22(Fucked up)

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

KOOK

Becoming the Vice President brought on a lot of responsibilities. I knew that when I took on the role. But when I did take it on, I thought I'd be doing that role from prison, at least for the next few years. Then I got released.

Wooshik left me in charge of shit. At first I was in over my head, going in fucking blind. Wooshik was expecting me to be able to make decisions like him, even though I didn't have nearly as much experience as him. But when I mentioned that to him, he said I had something a lot of other blokes didn't yet, life experience and a cold heart.

He then gave me a lecture about how only a man who had a hardened heart could do this job. He said it took him nearly half his life for his heart to get to the point where he could be president. He said I was inspiration and was going to be a success story.

I shrugged it off. But to be honest, that just put more pressure on me. Sure, I didn't give a fuck what people thought, never let anyone stop me from doing what I want. I took that a cold fist to every problem that came my way.

I lit up a cigarette, my eyes on the source of my current headache. I glanced at Max. He was here because he was meant to be handing this shit- a petty who said what.

Honestly, they were grown men, but here I was being forced to play a parent role.

"Already start spitting shit and tell me why I'm here." I took my eyes off Max and on to the Grave robber. "Maybe you could explain where you were last week?" The fact he was meant to be in town as of last week hadn't slipped my notice. "You should have come to us the day you rolled into our town."

The Grave robber had a reputation, and not a good one. I didn't trust him. The only reason we had to deal with him was because Ken, his cousin, had traded positions with him. Ken was our supplier for the ingredients we needed to cook crystal meth.

They gave us the supplies for our cook houses. I trusted Ken, but the grave robber... I didn't. He got his name for going back on deals, doing whatever it took to make his cousin more money. He didn't have standards or loyalty. He lived up to his nick name cause he would steal from the dead.

Mihan was his real name, and he would do anything to make sure that his cousin came out on top. He didn't give a fuck if that meant things got dirty. He would burn bridges if it meant more money in their operation.

But right now Max and Mihan had a disagreement that had to be sorted. Max had been one of the bridges Mihan burned when he was last in town.

I looked between the two.

"I said spit it out!" I yelled at them, pulling rank. "Why the fuck am I here!" I was being short with them-shorter than I should be. I was in more of a foul mood than normal since Tae left. It really bugged me he hadn't been home since.

I was on the verge of telling him everything about me, about the club, everything, but he disappeared that night.

"He screwed a chick I was screwing," Max finally snapped, telling me the purpose of their disagreement. "And he knew I was with him. He is a fucking low life."

Mihan scoffed.

"Can you even remember this girl's name, Max?" I looked at Max, seeing if this girl had been special to him or not. My phone started buzzing in my pocket and I pulled it out.

"What does that matter?" Max called for my attention to go back to the situation but my eyes were on the Tae's name, which was flashing across my screen. He was calling me.

"For fuck sake, Vice! You aren't listening!"

With regret I looked back at Max, not answering the call. The sooner I wrapped this up, the sooner I could call Tae back.