Chapter 23

Author's Note

This is long overdue but the reads and votes for the last chapter were a little slow. It suddenly stopped to one read a day, or something. It dropped. I need more comments because I'm not sure if this is good! I need you to tell me what to change or do to make it better! Okay? I have a plan of updates coming up but it all depeneds on you!

NOTE: The song "Stand Up and Remember" is mine and I created it so please don't go around saying that you wrote it an I know it's simple but it makes sense for the story. 

And GEORGE the interviewer is a pretend character but I don't live in London so I could use some tips on those sorts of characters. Thanks.

ENJOY! ~Meg xx

******

Chapter 23

 Niall's words continued to ring in my ears during my sleep and well after I had woken up to find Austin had left, I had slept in, and Niall and I were the only ones left in the apartments. We had eaten breakfast in a comfortable silence and we began talking about what we should do.

"Simon said you can have one more day off but you need to start thinking about the album and the single," Niall said and I sighed, holding my hands to my head.

I didn't know if I wanted this anymore. I didn't know if I wanted to change my life and risk everything that I had believed in prior to losing my memory. I wanted to appreciate music, but did I want to be famous?

I thought about it. It would give me a better life if they liked me, I could change my life and not have to stick around One direction, and I wouldn't have to rely on them to get me to the media.

I sighed, I did want this, but I wasn't ready for the stress.

"Yeah I know, I just, I need to think about this song," I mumbled to Niall before scooting my chair back and walking off towards my room and my guitar. I picked it up and began strumming and thinking about the words.

Remember who you were,

That girl on the street,

Blushing as she sang,

Looking at her feet,

You always watched the sky,

The clouds and the sun,

But did you ever notice, the world around you?

No, whoa-oh.” I began strumming a little harder for the chorus.

"Stand up and remember those times when it was clear,

Don’t start dreaming because the past isn’t near,

You can’t change the world, the future is so close,

So all you need to do,

Is to stand up… and remember.”

I looked up at the wall and saw the photos I had printed out and stuck onto the wall of me and Christie, the boys and my parents and I began making up another verse.

"All of the pictures, stuck to your wall,

You don't remember some of them, at all

Don't change your life, just remember who you were,

But are you going to forget how much that meant to you?"