Chapter 30

Author's Note

THIS is for 900+ votes on this story, I need 950 for next update :) Enjoy! x

                                    **************************************

                                                Chapter 30~ Bella

Another day had passed, and Jake and I had remained in contact via my phone, texting each other with our daily thoughts. I didn’t really let myself out like I did with Austin, he just understood me better, but I could count on Jake to be a friend. I had grown cold and numb.

I looked up at the screen as they played “Memories” and I felt tears spring to my eyes as I remembered Niall and I recording the song. It was then announced that I might be touring, and there would be a special performance from me somewhere in the immediate future. I felt cheated. I hadn’t known that I had thrown away my uni, if I had of known, life would have gone on and I wouldn’t have started singing, I might of, but not about memories, and what had happened. It wouldn’t be reflected on the past, it would have been about the ‘recent now’, with Niall. Heartbreak, sorrow, distrust.

I felt as if I was having a second chance, but I would have to sacrifice my partial career to do so. On impulse, I pulled up my emails and typed away in reply to the University of London, who had asked if there was anything that would disallow me from participating.

They had accepted me, but were concerned about my potential career. They thought that I should do a partnership with the university, studying and learning whenever I was in England and then studying whilst having a career across the UK and the world.

I wasn’t sure if it was the right thing, but I knew that maybe I would feel better.

“Bella, Niall’s calling me,” Austin said and my head snapped up and I sighed.

“Don’t answer, he’ll know you’re with me,” I said before I quickly added, “In Holmes Chapel I mean.”

He came over and sat beside me carefully.

“Bella, I don’t technically have to be here in Holmes Chapel with you, but I have to leave in two days, you can’t block Harry out forever, or Louis,” he said and I sighed sadly. I knew that. Hold on. Louis. I smiled. He had kept my secret, and I knew I could trust him. And I knew I would feel better about my decision if I saw him.

“Austin, you’re the best, you know that? Can I borrow your phone? I need to call Louis,” I said and he rolled his eyes. But you could tell he was glad I was ‘back’.

But I wasn’t, only physically. I definitely was not back emotionally.

Emotionally I was a wreck. But like a chug boat, I kept chugging along, hoping I would find land.

“Of course, here go for it,” he said, handing me the phone. I typed in the number I had somehow memorized and held my breath as it rang, the silence in the room somewhat suffocating as I prayed Louis would answer.

“Hello?” His voice came through and I sighed at its tone. Definitely Louis.

“Louis,” I breathed and I could hear him gasp before clearing his throat.

I heard the click of a door and then the small chatter in the background was muffled and almost silent.

“Hey Bella,” he said quietly, and I could tell he was happy that I called.

“Hey Louis, um, are you able to come here soon? I need to talk to you, and explain and I just… I need you here,” I said and I could almost feel my heartbeat double in speed as I waited nervously for his reply.