Chapter 9

Chapter 9

************

Bella's POV

"Bel, can you come over? I'm lonely," Christie whined through the phone and I felt bad but I had to decline.

"Sorry, I have to finish this music piece assignment, you do too! That way we can finish early and get it done, and anyway, it is pouring rain outside and not to mention it is storming," I said as a clap of thunder boomed outside. She sighed, knowing I was right for both. I had seen her yesterday, just after Harry's performance.

"I want to come Christie but this is more important," I sighed.

"Yeah, I know, sorry, Love you Bel!" She yelled down the receiver before she hung up.

I sighed again before putting my phone onto my desk and then my attention shifted to the papers piled up next to my computer. My guitar was leaning against the desk, just waiting for me to write the unfinished song I had started to write a yesterday. It was given out yesterday in Music Class, Grade 11... and was due in three days time, so today it had to be.

I sat down in my chair and grabbed out my pencil and pulled my guitar onto my lap before I began writing the song.

*****

I carefully wrote the double bar-line before dropping the pencil and putting my guitar back into its place. I had finished the three-minute song within two hours. Two very precious hours.

I smiled before I sat back and dialled Christie, wanting to see if she had finished, since it was only 7pm on a Monday. Nothing, no answer. I frowned before I dialled her home phone.

"Hello?" Her mum answered, sounding a little worried.

"What's up miss J?" I asked, concerned.

"Christie's not over at your place is she?" She asked and my heart caught in my throat.

"No, she was at hers two hours ago," I said before running through my mind to think if she had anything on tonight. Nope, nothing.

"Yeah, I called her to make sure she took the rubbish bin out, and that was about an hour ago, and she hasn't answered to anything," her mum was breathing quickly.

"Okay, calm down, I'll be right over," I said before hanging up and grabbing my raincoat, pulling it over my jeans and white t-shirt. I buttoned it up as I pocketed my phone, grabbing my wallet and the house key.

"Mum, I gotta go!" I said before she said a muffled 'okay'. I ran out of the house and into the rain. It had stopped storming, thank goodness.

I quickly ran towards Christie's house, she only lived a good twenty minute walk away. I was sprinting, so it took me five minutes.

I was about to knock on the door when I heard a scream over my panting. I turned hastily around and the rain, like a miracle, turned to a mere drizzle. I walked quietly over to a bush and peered out before I felt like crying out, but it would have cause more damage.

There was a black van a little way down the street and the door opened to reveal a man walking in. But that wasn't what concerned me. It was Christie's screams. My mind kicked into action and my body followed. I hid myself behind the bushes and I walked down to the van, calling 112.

"Which is required?" The lady asked clearly.

"Ambulance and police," I quickly said.

"Okay, I will hand you to police, they will give details to ambulance," the lady said before the call changed over.