XXVII - Don't Leave Me

Okay, so, the majority of the chapter is a flashback. It was set in 1118, and YES I am completely aware that Finn was not undaggered after Alexander wreaked his havoc on the Mikaelson's, but for this story, let's just pretend that he was daggered AFTER this flashback, okay? :) Just for the story.

Enjoy! ^_^ 

OH. WAIT. The song for this chapter is an instrumental one. "Cold" by Jorge Mendez. If you listen to it, you WILL be hit with the feels during this chapter, I promise you that.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-Seven

I felt like I was going to faint. It felt as if my legs were about to go limp, and there was an aching in my chest that I couldn't describe. I knew what it was... The witches didn't agree with my relationship with the Mikaelson's. Death was often their way of dealing with unwanted things. And for my entire life, that's all I had been. Unwanted. Unloved. Never needed.

Until I met the Mikaelson's.

"Niklaus!" I called out, putting my hand on the wall to steady myself. When he didn't come, and I didn't hear any movement inside of the castle, I called out for another person. "Elijah!"

"Rose?" I heard him say my name, then heard his hurried footsteps coming down the hall. He stopped in front of the stairway, a worried and confused expression on his face.

"Something is wrong," I rushed out. "I-I cannot-" I felt the dizziness set in, and gasped before I felt the room spin. I fell forwards off of the stairs, and Elijah caught me in his arms.

"Don't worry, Rose," I heard him whisper. "I have you."

It felt like hours before I woke up again, but Elijah was quick to inform me that it had merely been a few minutes.

Elijah had taken me to a room, but it wasn't mine. I was almost positive that it was his.

He took a cloth and dipped it into the cold water, then wrung it out before he patted it on different sections of my face.

"Where are the others?" I asked him, my voice coming out hoarse and slightly shaky.

"Rebekah and Finn went to the market, but Niklaus and Kol went to the tavern," he paused before standing up. "I should go and get them. I will only be a moment," he said, but I grabbed his hand before he could turn and leave. He stared down at me, seeming confused.

"Elijah, please," after seeing the tears in my eyes, I could see that he was close to breaking down himself.

The most noble and strongest Mikaelson... And yet, here he was, almost crying in front of an eighteen year old girl. It was actually kind of heartening. I suppose that he truly cared.

"Don't leave me," I whispered.

He sat back down again, then bit his lip. "We need to find you a doctor, someone who can-"

"A doctor cannot save me, Elijah," I said, a lone tear streaking down my face and leaving a small wet spot on the sheet. "What if... What if I can not be saved? I don't want to lose any of you," I whimpered. "I don't want to die."

"You will not die," Elijah stated, seeming determined to stick by that answer.

"How do you know?"

"Because I won't let you."

I parted my lips, shocked by his words. I didn't know what he was feeling. But I knew that he was determined to keep me alive.