CXIV - Darker Turn

Chapter One Hundred & Fourteen

I could feel my body trying to fight the venom. It was like white blood cells fighting a virus in the middle of flu season, but much faster. It got worse and worse, but eventually, I was progressing. I was getting better.

It wasn't until the two of them came in that I realized just how bad it was, though. When I awoke, my vision was blurred, and all I was able to make out were two figures. One dressed in blue and the other in a beige/pink colour.

The one in blue said my name, and knelt down to look at me. They laid their hand on my face, and my eyelids fluttered.

It would be hours before my power would finally return. They knew that, and before long, I was laid on a soft thing that I could only assume was a bed. Maybe even a couch.

I lost all concept of time. Minutes, hours, days, I didn't really know. It was confusing and frustrating not knowing what was going on. My situation was similar to being in a comatose. Except, instead of not being able to respond, there are hallucinations that you cannot escape from. Memories that you loved, and then memories that you wanted nothing more than to forget.

My vision was blurred still, I couldn't quite make out what was happening. I couldn't hear anything correctly. It could have been Elijah, maybe even Klaus, but it was as if I was in limbo. I was in some kind of purgatory between my mind and hell.

Arms wrapped around my body, and I heard a loud swipe of some kind of dusty substance before the person holding me began to walk. I could tell it was a man. I had my head against his chest, and I could hear his heartbeat. It was slow, and almost not beating at all. He was a vampire.

I listened to his heart beating, and I could feel myself slipping into memories that I thought I had forgotten long ago.

1114

Finn and Kol were planning on leaving soon. Supposedly, they were only staying long enough to attend a party that Alexander, Rebekah's lover, was throwing the next night. I would miss them both greatly, of course. However, I decided I would enjoy their presence for how long they were there.

I didn't know either of them very well, and I believed that this night was the first time I had really bonded with Finn.

I had been sitting in the library, liking the seclusion. Like me, Finn hated being around large crowds. He was a little narcissistic, thinking that when he was in big groups of people, they were all inferior to him and it was wasting his time. Even so, I still found him to be a good person. He was better than the others, but of course, not my closest friend out of the Mikaelsons.

"Lord Finn," I said, standing quickly.

He looked up from the book he had been holding, his eyes widening a little. "Lady Roseia," he said, as we both bowed to each other.

He stood up straight, then moved over to a couch-like seat on the other side of the seating area of the library. "I apologize, I was not aware someone else was occupying the library at this time of night."

I simply smiled. "I am much like you and your siblings. I prefer the night."

I noticed the way he winced a little when I referred to the other Mikaelsons as his siblings. Perhaps he wasn't happy with that fact.

"What are you reading?" I asked him.

"A collection of Norse poetry," he smiled softly.

I couldn't help but grin. "Sometimes Niklaus reminds me of Loki, the God of Mischief."