XLII - Ripped To Shreds

I LOOOOOOOOVED writing the flashback. <3 I'm thinking of adding more of them in. Do you guys think I should? :D If I do, they might even be scenes from the books. Would you guys be interested in that? And who knows, you might get a few from WAAAAY back. ;) Like the 1200s-1500s. 

The song for this chapter is "Escape" by Megan Nicole. :)

Anyway, I hope you like it! ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty-Two

I didn't know what to do. I didn't know who I should talk to. I didn't know where to go.

How am I supposed to deal with what Diego is doing to me while I am still in New Orleans? He is worse than Klaus in the way of communicating his emotions. If he knows that I don't feel the same way anymore, he will lash out on everyone. Especially Elijah, since he seems to have this illusion that I've fallen for Elijah.

And sometimes I wonder if he is right.

I care about Elijah, but I also care about Klaus, Rebekah, Kol, and even Finn. But now, I'm beginning to wonder if it just isn't the same way. I'm beginning to think that I might care for him more than the others.

The more thoughts that rushed through my mind, the more I wanted to go to the one place where I was free.

About a mile into the forest behind our plantation was a small little spot that Elijah and I had claimed our own. It was a place that we went whenever we needed comfort. And, sooner or later, the other would show up and give one of is the strength that we needed. It was when Elijah and I were almost as inseparable as Klaus and I.

It was interesting, because neither of us ever told anyone about the spot. It was our little secret.

It was a small clearing with a giant willow tree almost completely surrounded by a pond.

The day that I first found him there was likely one I will never forget.

My hands ran over the piano keys quickly, but at the same time, gracefully. The song had always been one of my favourites, but it was not by a famous composer. It was my mother's. She used to hum a lullaby every night to get me to fall asleep, and when Elijah taught me to play the large instrument, it was the first song I learned.

I stopped halfway through the song when I heard my name being called. And as the voice grew closer, I realized it was frantic shouting.

"Rose!" Elijah yelled. "Roseia!"

I got up from the piano bench, rushing to the open doorway. I walked quickly over to the banister, looking over the railing to see Elijah running in the foyer. He checked all of the rooms as fast as he could, seeming to be panicking.

"Elijah?" I called out, and he froze in his tracks, looking up at me. "Is something wrong?"

He stayed still, then, a moment later, he had sped up the stairs to stand beside me. I turned to face him, and he suddenly wrapped his arms around me tightly.

My eyes widened a little, but I hugged him back anyway.

I pulled away, and looked him in the eyes. "Elijah, what's wrong?"

"Niklaus," he said, and I saw the fury flash in his eyes. "He convinced the villagers that the growing number of bodies is because of the witches and their supposed blood sacrifices. They are rounding up the witches now, I suspect they want to execute them."