CX - Burying Your Dead

Hey guys. :) So I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long. I'm kinda sick right now, I have been since Wednesday. This chapter is especially short, sorry about that too. :/ Meh. I hope you like it anyway. ^_^

By the way I'm changing all of the chapter titles (One Hundred & Nine, One Hundred & Eleven, ect.) to roman numerals. 'Cause, you know... I can. ;P

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One Hundred & Ten

"Of course I tried to call you, Rose," Hayley said, exasperated and just downright irritated with the events of that day. "But since Dahlia was able to take down both Klaus and Mikael, I'm guessing that a cellphone tower was a piece of cake!"

"And where were the wolves who stood guard?" Elijah asked.

"I'm assuming dead," I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah! They were getting their asses handed to them just like Klaus did," Hayley said.

Just as she said that, Klaus arrived and joined us in the main room of the jazz club.

"That's it," Klaus growled. "You're coming with me to the compound."

"Where Dahlia sent Josephine this morning?!" she said incredulously. "No way! We'd be sitting ducks, just like we will be here as soon as that spell breaks," she sighed, and I suddenly got a bad feeling in my gut from the expression on her face. "Which is why we have to go."

Elijah looked at her in alarm, while Klaus just seemed genuinely pissed off.

"What the hell do you mean 'have to go'?" I asked, my voice rising.

"Jackson is out getting supplies, then we're taking wolves and we're headed to the Bayou."

Klaus was angry. "The swamp?! So my child can be protected by the very wolves Dahlia so easily defeated? Absolutely not!"

Hayley shoved past Elijah, hitting him in the shoulder in the process, and got dangerously close to Klaus.

"You know, I am so over taking advice from you, Klaus! All it has done so far is put Hope in danger. From now on, I am going to do what I want to do. We're leaving."

Hayley pushed past Klaus as well, but he shoved her backwards to stop her from leaving.

He raised a finger at her angrily. "You are not going anywhere unless I tell you to."

"I am not your prisoner, Klaus!" Hayley shouted furiously at him.

"Both of you, please," Elijah stated. "We're playing into Dahlia's hands."

"Not doing as I say plays into her hands!" Klaus said. "While you three have been kow-towing to Freya and devising ways to flee with your tail between your legs, I've been forging a new path. I know what Freya was planning," a sadistic smile formed on his face. "And I know how to kill Dahlia."

We continued to argue, saying that Klaus needs to trust Freya and Hayley shouldn't leave and Hope is safer here... Until I noticed something.

I took in a deep breath, and from the sound of me exhaling shakily, I saw them all turn to me.

"Someone is bleeding," I swallowed. "Badly."

"KLAUS!" Jackson yelled furiously, and as he walked into the jazz club, I saw exactly who was bleeding. It was Aiden. And he was dead.

He had bites on his neck and a scratch from what seemed to be a pair of claws on his face, then a hole where his heart should be. I looked away, swallowing.

"Jack?" Hayley said confused as she went over to them with the rest of us following. Jackson yelled Klaus' name again, and Hayley finally realized the state that Aiden was in. "Oh my god... What happened?"

"Klaus made Aiden spy on us!" Jackson shouted, turning to Klaus and giving him a murderous look. "Instead, he told me everything, so you killed him!"

Hayley turned to him in shock, and Elijah and I looked at each other, mimicking her expression.

"You killed one of the wolves sworn to protect our daughter?" she asked.

She, Jackson, and another werewolf guard stared Klaus down. I turned to look at him too, and I saw it in his eyes. He didn't do this. He was upset about it, he was upset that Hayley would think the worst of him. But my thoughts on his innocence changed when his face went blank.

"So what if I did?" he said calmly, then pointed to Aiden's body. "This is what happens to anyone who dares cross me!"

They stayed in shock for a moment before the werewolf guard spoke up. "Just give us the word, Jackson."

"Yes! Come and have a go!" Klaus shouted. "But you'll be putting your life on the line for one who is all too willing to betray you. Perhaps this never would have happened if he'd had a real Alpha."

Jackson lunged at Klaus and punched him in the face, which made Klaus shove him backwards into all of the other wolves who have to come to defend their Alpha. Hayley sped over to Klaus to get between them, but Klaus punched Hayley in the stomach so hard that she was thrown to the side. Klaus was about to strike Hayley, which made me jump in front of him, and unfortunately, in front of both Klaus and Jackson in the process.

"Hey!" I shouted, putting a hand on both of their throats and shoving them backwards. "Stop it, now!"I looked back and forth between the two of them and let out a low growl. "Do you wish to die?"

Hayley jumped to her feet and pushed me away from both of them. "You wanna kill me too, Rose?!"

Elijah moved in between Hayley and I. If looks could kill, Hayley would be six feet under by now. He slowly moved to stand in front of Klaus. "If you come at him, you come at me."

Klaus was pleased with this outcome. "You lot should make better use of your time. I suggest burying your dead."

Hayley, however, was enraged. "GET OUT!"

"Niklaus, you mentioned a plan," Elijah stated. "I recommend you begin. Hayley and Hope are safe for the time being and not going anywhere."

Klaus smirked smugly at Hayley and the other werewolves. "Shan't be long now."

He turned and walked away, leaving Elijah and I alone with a small group of incredibly pissed off werewolves.

He had better hope that a wolf gets to him before I do.