LXV - This Is For Thierry

ROLIJAH IS LIFE.

That is all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixty-Five

When I woke up the next morning, we had definitely moved a bit. Elijah was laying down with his head on the armrest. And I was laying right on top of him.

Our legs were entangled together, and my upper body was laid out on his chest. Not just that, though. I had my right arm overtop of his waist, and he had his arm around mine. It was like we had been hugging each other in our sleep.

I slowly moved off of him, struggling to get off the couch without waking him up.

I climbed off of him, and jumped onto the floor, stumbling a little. But I was all good, and stood up straight. However, it seemed that I wasn't quiet enough, because when I looked back at him, he was watching me with that sly smile of his that I knew so well.

"Sorry," I sighed. "I tried not to wake you up."

"Not to worry," he said, sitting up with a slight grunt as he did so then sending me a soft smirk. "It's quite amusing seeing you dance around like that."

I narrowed my eyes playfully at him. "Well, anyway, thanks for the help last night."

He nodded to me. "Of course."

I sent him a soft smile, then went to my room and tried to find some kind of clothing that wasn't pajamas. When I was finished, I went downstairs, and was met by Hayley at the bottom of the steps.

"Did you and Elijah have a nice night?" She asked, seeming almost unable to contain her excitement.

"You saw?" I asked, feeling my cheeks begin to redden.

"All of us did," she smirked. "Klaus went in to tell you about the moonstones, then told me to come up and see. You two looked pretty comfortable."

I shrugged. "Neither if us could get to sleep alone, I guess."

"But you could fall asleep together?" She asked, and I nodded. "So out of anyone in this building, he was the one that brought you comfort. What does that tell you?"

I didn't have the opportunity to reply, because Klaus and Elijah came down the stairs behind me.

"Ah, Rose," Klaus said with a sly grin. "I'm glad that you got the rest you needed."

Elijah sighed, while I rolled my eyes.

"You two are insufferable," I said to Klaus and Hayley, then turned and walked to the kitchen with their laughter in the background.

Well, at least they got along when teasing me.

*

I didn't see Hayley around until a few hours later when she walked up to me in the hallway, a worried expression on her face. "Rose, do you know where Jackson and Oli are?"

"Are they not back yet?" I asked her, raising a brow.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "They should've come back by now, but they aren't in the bayou or here, and they're not answering their phones either."

I bit my lip, then nodded. "Elijah!" I called out, and he walked out into the hallway. "We have a small problem."

We both explained our current predicament to him, and then we walked into the study. He called Klaus, and his brother answered with his signature annoyed tone. "Yes, brother, what is it?"