LXXXV - Bonfire

OH MY GOD

SO I WAS JUST SCROLLING REALLY FAST ON MY NOTIFICATIONS

AND SOMEONE COMMENTED ON THE LAST CHAPTER CALLED 'Chapter Eighty-Four - Find A Way'

AND I READ IT AS 'Four Way'

MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

I'M DONE

GOODBYE

AND ENJOY

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eighty-Five

I sat beside Hope, while she held my finger in her hand. She was babbling on and on, like babies do. I watched the siblings, along with Hayley, as they all put the wood around the fire. Klaus was telling Rebekah about the curse that Finn had mentioned.

"Curse on the first born? What the bloody hell is that supposed to be?" Rebekah asked, putting another piece of wood on the bonfire.

"Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson first-borns for all eternity," Klaus explained.

"Is any of this true?" Hayley asked in a concerned tone.

"It is we are to believe Finn," Elijah said, rolling up his sleeves. "Who learned it from that bastion of truth, our mother."

"Well, no wonder Finn hates us. He lost the sister he adored, and instead got a judgy pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull."

I licked my lips, and sighed when I remembered what Finn had once said to me. He told me that I reminded him of Freya. I was strong and protective of those that I cared about, just like her. I was also a witch, just like her. Perhaps that was why he seemed to cling to me instead of his siblings in the short time I spent with him.

"Great," Hayley muttered. "So, is there any chance of us running into your loony aunt Dahlia any time soon?"

"The story, if it's even true, is over a thousand years old," I said. "I highly doubt that Dahlia would even still be alive. She's likely long dead by now."

Hayley stayed silent for a moment. "Like Esther?"

Everyone went quiet, then Klaus decided to reassure her. "No one's going to hurt Hope, because no one's going to find her," he told her, then looked over at Rebekah with an amused expression. "There's enough wood, Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas."

A small smirk came onto Rebekah's face as she rubbed the dust and tiny wood chips off of her hands. "Well, we're just missing a key ingredient."

"No we're not," Klaus rushed out.

"Yes, we are, Nik!" Rebekah grinned. "Back me up, Elijah!"

Elijah laughed, and I couldn't help but smile when I figured out what they were talking about.

"I suspect Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes," he said, crossing his arms over his chest and looking at his brother in amusement.

"C'mon, Nik! You know that I love doing it too," I told him, giving him the best puppy dog eyes that I could.

"What are you all talking about?" Hayley asked.

"Well, before we light it, we write down out wishes for each other to burn for luck," Rebekah explained. "It was Kol's favourite part when we were kids."