LXXVII- Loving Proposition

Hiya. :D

So this chapter, as well as the next one, are crucial to Rose and Elijah's little... Thing. I don't even know what to call it. :')

I hope you like it!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Seventy-Seven

I was exhausted to say the least. But, nevertheless, I got up and had a shower, then got dressed and met the three of them downstairs. I didn't see it at first, but then I noticed a giant feast in the middle of the abattoir.

"Rose didn't bring it," Klaus said. "She was with me last night. Last time I checked, she was still asleep."

"Not anymore," I sighed, walking down the steps. They both turned back to look at me, then Klaus looked to Hayley.

"I guess we have Elijah to thank," Hayley concluded.

"This wasn't my doing," Elijah stated curiously as he came down the stairs to stand behind me. The two of us walked towards the table, and stood on the opposite side of Klaus and Hayley.

"Then... Where did all of this come from?" Hayley asked.

Suddenly, a covered dish started to move around. Hayley jumped back, while the three of us just looked down at it curiously. Klaus lifted the lid off of it quickly, and two birds flew out from under it. This time, we all jumped.

"What the hell was that?" Hayley asked.

Klaus looked down at the dish, and saw a piece of folded paper on it. He picked it up and looked inside of it, sighing. "An invitation from our mother."

I groaned. "This woman is insufferable," I said. "No offense."

"None taken," Klaus chuckled, while Elijah only smiled.

I was heading out of the abattoir an hour or so later, Elijah at my side. We had decided that we would do what we could to sabotage their mother with the short amount of time that we had. It seemed that he wanted me to do something for him.

"Roseia, I was hoping that you may do a spell for us," Elijah said.

I bit my lip, knowing that I likely couldn't. My power wasn't working properly lately... I knew why, but he did not. And there was no way in hell that I was going to tell him.

"What would the spell be?" I asked him.

"We need a spell to find out when our mother moves to another body, and who it will be in."

I shook my head. "I don't think I'll be able to do that, Elijah."

He looked down at me with a skeptical look, but then nodded, not pushing the subject any further. Good thing that he didn't, because I wasn't going to tell him anything.

*

I was tired today, but I was good at hiding it. I decided to go with Hayley to talk to the witch that Marcel had found. It turned out that Cassie had taken her, in other words, Esther had captured her. So Hayley went to help her, and beat up Oliver to make it look like he hadn't let her go, and he had just been jumped.

We both rushed into the shop that the witch, whose name was Lenore was in. Hayley held the bag of ingredients, and I followed close behind her. She went into a back room, where Lenore was standing at a table with a pot in front of her.

"So, will this take long?" Hayley asked.

"You want me to soul brand the resurrected spirit of a thousand year-old witch. It's best I take my time and do it right," Lenore said as Hayley handed her the bag. "For what it's worth, I'm sorry. No one should ever have to lose a child."