2: Luck of The Irish

____________________________________

"I apologize, but it's going to take a while for the machine's to get up and running. The clerk says there's a repairman trying to fix the circuit box and it won't be up and running for another half hour."

I sighed as I put my bag on one of the chairs. "My day couldn't get any worse."

The lights over head suddenly flickered and switched off. The sun shined through the windows giving the very large room some light. The Beautiful Stranger walked up to the electric doors and waited for it to open... Nothing. Not even a twitch.

"I stand corrected," I mumbled.

He chuckled and it was a beautiful sound. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. His teeth were extremely white but it looked natural. Not like that teeth whitened crap I saw all over New York.

"Must have cut off all the power." He said.

I shrugged my jacket off and flopped onto one of the chairs. "Great."
My t-shirt was turning cold and I was starting to get a bit of a chill. I was sticky, in pain and horribly uncomfortable.

I put my face in my hands and took deep breaths. Calm down, Evie. Don't lose it now. Your day could get better, a part of me said.
Like hell it will, my horribly negative side mumbled. You have a wet t-shirt, your skin is numb and your favourite jacket you got for Christmas last year is ruined.

Don't complain. Stay calm...

"Miss?"

I looked up and ran a hand through my hair. The Beautiful Stranger was towered over me with a frown. He looked exactly how he did earlier in the coffee shop. Torn. He glanced at the door again and finally spoke. "I know this might sound a bit odd coming from someone you don't know but I think you should change your shirt."

I tried to stop myself from smiling. "Really?" I said trying to sound appalled.

His green eyes widened. "Yes, but I mean-"

"Its okay, I'm joking." I said with a smile. His eyes flicked to my cheeks and the corner of his lip twitched into a half smile.

I stood up and cleared my throat immediately removing my own smile. "I have nothing to change into."

He went into his own bag and picked up something white. He held it out at arms length and I took it from him. "Your shirt?"

He nodded and pointed to the back. "There's a bathroom back there."

I walked into the dark bathroom and changed blindly. His tee smelt of... I couldn't place the smell... Orchids? It was some sort of flower. But it was manly somehow. And very attractive.

I walked out and saw him gulping down his drink. His throat bobbed up and down quickly as he downed it. Who downs coffee?

He put the cup in one of the trash cans to the side and crossed his arms across his chest as he sat down in one of the chairs. There were seats scattered across the huge room so I sat on the one opposite a table. We were a fair distance away from each other which I suppose was right.

I went into my bag to get out my schedule and a pen. I could work out my times and gaps I had during the days... I had nothing better to do.

I'd gotten halfway through my dates when I looked up from the desk at him. His eyes were closed and he was unmoving. He physically looked like a statue.

Maybe he's sleeping? But in the space of... I looked at the large clock on the wall. Fifteen minutes? Wow, has it been silent for that long?

His eyes slowly opened and he met my gaze. I went back to my paperwork slightly embarrassed that I was caught. I could feel my face heat slightly but I shrugged it off.