49: Questions pt. 2

Mistakes, I always apologise. 

________________________________________

"Evie?"

I set my sad glassy eyes onto my mother as she stopped at the traffic lights a few miles out of the Airport.

"You can see them again during summer." She smiled sadly at me.

"It feels like I've said goodbye to them all over again." I mumbled referring to when I had to say goodbye to them before moving here. "It hurts."

"Oh, Evangeline. I know," She patted my thigh and squeezed. "I know."

We had a few hours this morning to talk whilst they made sure they didn't forget anything. And then about half hour ago the plane took off. Amy wasn't the one crying surprisingly. It was all Chelsea. Amy was smiling at me happy we'd said our goodbye last night whilst she held a sobbing Chelsea. 

After the longest hug in the century and a few kisses and promises we made to stay in contact they walked through security and that was it. And now, I had to wait until Aaron got home. I didn't have it in myself to do it though. I needed to leave the house for a few hours or even stay in my room until dad finished signing the bucket load of papers to get my brother back home. On top of all of this drama, I hadn't had a chance to actually go Christmas shopping and neither had the tree or lights been put up around the house. We were going to do it when I got back home from Uni a last week but what a disaster that was. Aaron was in hospital and I didn't even come home for the whole weekend.

"Want anything to eat?" My mother asked as she parked in the drive.

"No, thanks. I'm really tired and my body hurts."

"Have you been taking your medication? Sleeping with both of the girls must have been torture."

"It was a good pain," I laughed and waited for my mom to step out of the car and help me out. "I'll take a sleeping med now. What time is it?"

"Almost four forty-five. Are you sure you should? You won't sleep all night."

"It's fine, really. I'll wake up in a few hours, by then Aaron should be back and I won't look so much like hell."

My mothers scolding eyes told me she wasn't happy about the fact I will be sleeping so early and probably won't be awake for another five to six hours.

"Can you try to be awake by nine?"

"I'll set an alarm for eight."

She started leading me upstairs. "What did Michael think of the girls?"

I smiled at the memory of their surprised faces when he pulled them into a hug. "He loved them."

"That's good. What about Katherine and Laura?"

"They adored them too. I was more than happy to see them fit in so well with them, especially Kate with Chelsea. I thought there'd be a clash or something." 

She led me into my bedroom. There were probably about two boxes left for me to unpack but otherwise, everything was fine. Mum must have organised everything while I was up in the mountains. The desk was up, pictures were scattered on the walls and tabletops, my clothes weren't dumped everywhere. My room looked good now.

"Lie down and I'll get you a sleeping pill."

When my mother walked out, I changed from my jeans into a pair of shorts and shrugged off my hoodie leaving me in a plain faded blue t-shirt.