42: Odd Awakening

Check out the awesome song at the side though.

_______________________________________________________

"Tell me now, please?" Michael whispered into my ear. "We've been silent for twenty minutes and I can feel you getting anxious." He snuggled his face into my neck as he tightened his arm around my stomach. 

I continued running my hands through his hair as I stared up at the ceiling. I'd thought of a plan and I wanted to explain it to him but it was hard to say out loud. So I took a deep breath and started:

"I'll walk into my brother's room. I'll try not to go near him but... I can't promise it. I just want to hug him," Michael softly pressed his lips to my neck in comfort. "I'll ask him what I can because I don't want to push him for anything. It'd be best you didn't come into the room until I call you."

"What if he knows straight away?"

"Then... We get what we can from him." I mumbled unconfidently. 

Michael sat up, making my hands drop from his head to my sides. "And then you want me to do it."

"Yes." I sat up beside him and took his hand. "Having my brother know about this isn't what I wanted. I didn't want any of my family getting involved. If erasing or changing the events of last night in his mind is what it takes then that's what needs to be done. I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot of you, Michael. I seem to be doing that a lot."

He shook his head with a smile before squeezing my hand. "The thing about loving you is that I'd give my life to protect you. You're barely asking anything of me. So I will do this for you." 

I let out a relieved sigh and dropped my head onto his shoulder. "Thank you." 

"You're welcome. Do you want breakfast?" He asked me obviously trying to change the subject. "You know, to rejuvenate from last--"

"Please, let's not get into the teasing and little quirky remarks before it's even nine o'clock in the morning." I said quickly.

He spun away from me on his knees to face me. "Oh, come now Evangeline, let me say something about it." He started crawling forward with a predator and yet playful smile. "Let's start from the beginning shall we?" I fell back from my knees with narrowed eyes until I shuffled up to the headboard. "You know just how to make a man want you."

"What?" I squeaked with burning cheeks. "What have I--?"

"Oh, you're so oblivious." He crawled in between my legs. "Would you like me to explain the faces again? Or do you want me to get serious and talk about the feel of being insi--"

"Neither!" I begged. "Please, don't--"

"Alright, alright." He stopped inches from my face. "But can I say one thing?"

"What?" I asked cautiously. 

His eyes turned from playful to serious. "It was the most amazing night of my life... Or, existence whatever way I put it, it's still true. I feel stupid for not listening to you sooner."

"You make me sound like I begged you for it."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh please, Michael! I want you! Oh, Michael!" He tried mimicking my voice. "Oh I love you, please make love to me-"

He grunted with laughter after I hit him in the stomach and pushed him away from me. "I'll cook my own damn breakfast." I stood up, grabbed my phone and started toward the door. "And I didn't even say that." I said before walking out of the door.