Memories - Bonus Chapter :)

_________________________________

You'd think that after a year I'd get the hang of working in Starbucks. Well, what a load of crap because I was still having trouble figuring out the coffee machine.

Luckily, I was serving Kate but even so she looked ready to give up.

"You're useless." She commented from the other side of the counter. "Honestly how long could it take to-?"

"Got it! So be quiet." I snapped but quickly put on a smile when my manager sent me a disapproving look. "Here you go miss. And here's your brownie."

"Still useless. I'm in the corner with Pam for when you finish your shift. And don't burn yourself."

"Burn my-? ow!" I yelled when my fingers skimmed the boiling hot metal of the cappuccino machine.

Damn her! 

**

"So tell me, how're things?" Pamela smirked leaning forward. "Tell me how you and good old Michael are? I mean I've been home for a good week and this is the first time I've seen you! Tell me, I'm dying."

I grinned at my gorgeous British friend. "Kate's told you."

"Honey, I've been gone a year of course she told me." 

"I had to!" Katherine defended running a hand through her almost black hair. "If I didn't tell Pam you were engaged, John would have."

"First of all, I am not engaged it is a promise ring for the love of God how many times do I have to explain." I touched my fingers to the ring hanging from my neck and smiled remembering my nineteenth birthday. It felt like a lifetime ago now. Only last month it was my twentieth birthday and Nate had been around but now he's in Europe doing whatever the hell he's doing with himself. He says he'd been tracking Florence but... Who knows? 

"And second," I resumed. "I wanted to tell her."

"Well you took too long." Kate grumbled. "Just like you took too long to get my coffee."

"Ha, yeah." I looked at my watch and grimaced. "And that is my cue to leave."

"Oh, please not yet." Pam begged with a pout. "We've barely even talked. I've missed you."

"And I've missed you but Pam its Valentine’s Day. You're supposed to be with Nick and Kate you're supposed to be with... Um..."

"That's right I'm alone. Oh woe is me," She sighed over dramatically and I giggled. "I'll find the right one soon enough. I see it coming... Joke, I see nothing in fact. It's just darkness."

"Maybe that's your hint." I said as I stood up. "You can't look for it, you have to wait."

"Meh, fine. Have fun tonight, Evie."

My eyes narrowed. "You're not spying are you?"

"Honestly, I haven't watched you or Michael since last year. There isn't a point anymore but sometimes I do see the odd vision of you and Michael arguing or doing something stupid."

"Michael and I never argue."

"Yeah but when you do I see it all. Seriously I can't even handle the anger and passion between you both. Especially when you finish arguing and you end up canoodling; my god I have to force myself to stop."

My cheeks warmed. "I hate you."

"You love me. Now go before I force you to sit back down and I have to embarrass you more."