Epilogue.

So sad this is the last SIM update :(

Read the note at the end <3

THE SONG I PUT FOR THIS CHAPTER <3 

___________________________________

"Can I take your order?"

"I'll have an iced caramel frappuccino."

"Tall, Grande or-"

"Tall please." The woman didn't take her eyes off her Blackberry and I rolled my eyes. 

I picked up a Starbucks cup and wrote in the small box the initials for the caramel frap. As she paid me, I started to glance around the half filled cafe and my colleagues. I'd been in this job for two weeks now and I was still deciding whether I should stay or not. Hell, the pay was decent enough so, why not? 

"Next please," I smiled at her as genuinely as I could and moved to the last customer. The familiar face smirked and said, "Can I have a shortbread cookie."

"No." I smiled. 

"I'll report you," Laura said with a grin. "I've come to relieve you of your duties. Is Gabe working?"

How else would I get the job?

Laura called in a favour and bam, I work after class on Monday's, my day off from classes on Friday and the occasional Sunday's. Today is a Monday. And I have a half day thank god. I started at eight and finished at one which was in five minutes. 

"Yes, he's in the back."

"Good, because that blob owes me five dollars from last nights hockey game. Come on, Evie. Get your stuff." Laura lifted the counter and walked around back. "Or I will!"

I sighed and pulled off the green apron from around my neck. I grabbed my coat and bag and pulled out the ponytail keeping my hair away from my face. My new colleagues, of whom I was still having trouble learning the names of, said their goodbyes as I walked around the front.

Laura was on the till serving a customer when she said, "Have a great day Evie!"

"Thanks, Laura." I waved and went to open the door only to pause and cringe when she added:

"And happy birthday!"

I sighed and made my way to my car. Yes, it's my birthday.

It's been just over a month since everything. Since I almost died. Since I almost became a vampire by the hands of a sadistic vampire who doesn't deserve to exist. January 30th 2012! A new year, a new age, a new outlook on life... The last part not entirely true, but hey what else could I do. 

Classes were the same as well. Michael helped me decide on doing History as my major in the end. I hated not declaring after everyone else had and talking to my mentor over and over again about what I would choose was getting on my nerves. So ,not much changed about my classes apart from the few times Michael and I decided to risk it during his hour and a half break and did something I'm sure the lecturer's of any university on earth weren't allowed to do... On his desk... In his very unstable chair... The thought of all of it had me smiling. What has he done to me?

I drove to my parent's house and spent the day with them. My parents have been pretty good with the whole, 'almost death' incident. Sure, the first week they were checking up on me, calling every few hours to make sure I was okay, asking me if I was taking the right medication although I technically didn't need it because Michael and that crazy vamp's blood was still in my system. 

"Evie!"

I turned to my brother walking into the living room. He's much better than he was before. He can walk without feeling weak and he wasn't traumatised like some. Then again, Michael did compel him.