45: 'Love Is Love.'

_______________

It was easier than I thought to stop them from talking about the trip. They'd asked me about my new friends and commented on how they saw some of my tagged photos on Facebook. Those were way at the beginning of college before all of the vampire stuff. I barely had time to use socials nowadays. The pictures on Facebook tagged by Lucas or Laura were of me either socialising at the few parties we'd attended, studying or with them in the house. They weren't great but they worked for great profile pictures. I promised to introduce Katherine, Laura and Lucas to them by Saturday evening if they were free.

For some reason, neither of them mentioned much about Michael. We'd talked about Aaron and how he was doing but nothing about Michael. I was pretty shocked actually. They'd probably interrogate me later.

I was sure my parents didn't discuss the trip because I'd watched them go to bed and glanced into their room five minutes later to see them asleep. So, the night was safe of any discussion of the trip.

In my mind, as my parents rounded the front of Pacific Lodge, thoughts about what would happen if Tate did find out. Because after tonight - I assume they'd look to tonight - Tate will wonder why I wasn't home or at the house... If they didn't find him. I shut my eyes and sighed. I felt terrible for what I said to him. But then I mentally scowled at myself. I shouldn't be feeling terrible; like I said the other night, he is the enemy. But I still couldn't help the guilt slowly eating away at my brain.

The lodge we were staying at was a twenty-five minute coach journey up the road from Cypress Mountain which wasn't too bad. The journey back and forth shouldn't be tiring because of the day lodge up there.

"I'm in heaven." Chels sighed out as we parked in front. My parents got out of their BMW hatchback and started talking to a man in a red blazer, white shirt and red tie hotel staff uniform. "You realise our parents are legendary for arranging this."

"Your parents." Amy corrected.

"Either way, this place must have cost a fortune. And the five day passes as well. Damn." She mumbled. "I really need to get a job."

Something must have clicked in both my and Chelsea's mind because we turned to each other with narrowed eyes. "They want us to get jobs." We both said at the same time and then fell back into our seats with a sigh. "Sneaky,"Chelsea grumbled.

"I'll get a job," I said before someone opened my door. I smiled at them and backed up so Amy could get out from the middle seat. "Just... Not right now." 

"Same." Chelsea interjected. "Only because, you know, I don't want to get one right now." She smirked.

Amy and I laughed at Chelsea and started to unload our bags from the back of the car. This lodge is amazing. I mean, it was more for all the wilderness stuff because it was surrounded by a forest and water.

But the place is still amazing. We walked into the brightly lit lobby that looked just like a cabin living room. There were three couches situated into a nice cosy square in front of a stone fireplace. The reception desk was behind one of the couches currently occupied by an older woman talking to my parents. A few people were lounging around the chairs smiling and laughing.

"Not too shabby," Chels mumbled.

"I think it's wonderful." Amy retorted while pushing her glasses up her nose.

My mother walked over with two room keys. She handed one to me and the other to Amy. Chelsea watched the exchange with a frown. "Why don't I get a key?"