18: First Date

Any mistakes i apologise... its late and my focus has disappeared lool 

________________

"I'm going as Marilyn Monroe." Laura smirked and flipped her short blonde hair into the air dramatically.

"I'm not saying what I'm going as," Kate replied.

I finished my bag of potatoes chips and stuffed it in my trash can. "My mom got me a modern Victorian dress. I'm going as a woman from the 1800's."

The girls leaned forward on my bed. "With the hair and everything?" Laura asked.

"Yep."

"That's awesome." Kate said with one of her damn smiles. I narrowed my eyes at her and she held her hands up in apology.

Ever since Wednesday, she's been trying her hardest to not give me that irritating knowing smile. I haven't had a chance to look online about the few things I'd come to realise but I wrote a whole load of shit down so I wouldn't forget. As soon as the girls leave, which they haven't since Wednesday night and it's now Friday, I was going to search Google like there's no tomorrow.

"Right," I slammed my hand down on the desk. "Get out both of you. Kate, go home. Why you came back Wednesday night was beyond me. Laura, go in your own damn room!" I let out a small laugh.

Laura scowled playfully. "Alright fine. I'll leave. But I won't be back. And plus I was leaving anyway. I have somewhere to go. It's a nice day out." She winked and stood up to leave.

As she left I turned to my laptop and brought up a Google page.

"Planning on investigating?"

I glanced at Katherine and sighed. "I forgot you were still here. You're too silent for your own good."

"Not when I--"

"I don't think I want to hear the end of that sentence."

Katherine giggled and jumped off the bed. "I'll wait in Laura's room because I'm off to my parents this weekend. My older brother is picking me up."

"You have an older brother?" I asked as I went into my draw to pull out the notebook.

"Yes, I do. You'll be meeting him soon, I can guarantee it."

"Kate."

She held up her hands again in surrender. "Sorry. I didn't mean to."

There was a beep outside and Kate went to the window to look out. "Oh, speak of the devil. See you at the Halloween bash Monday."

I turned in my chair in wonderment. "You didn't even call him."

She only laughed as she walked out of my room closing the door in the process. Friggin' hell. That girl...!

I shook the thought away for now and opened the notebook. It was almost midday. I'd been to poetry class this morning completely out of it not even paying attention as we were supposed to write more notes down for our poetry essays.

The first thing I wanted to do now was search more information on the attacks. The main headline was they'd found a man dead but there was no information on it at all. It was kind of bland which was strange. There was nothing on the injuries or how it happened just pronounced as dead. I leaned back in my chair with a long sigh.

I was never going to find anything out with limited information like this. 

So I clicked out of it and went to an unofficial site. This site was black and had "Unnatural Occurrences" as the name of it. I frowned at the name of the webpage and resumed clicking on