37: Trust Issues

My vision of Tate would have been actor would be Paul Walker (2014 note - r.i.p)

**Mature content warning*  Not the one you're all ready for but just to relieve some sexual tension. 

____________

"Dude, stop shaking your leg."

I looked to Damien with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry."

"Are you okay?" He frowned.

"I'm fine."

Laura leaned around him. "Are you sure? Sunday and Monday you seemed really distant."

I shook my head. "No. I'm fine seriously."

In fact, I'm going nuts.

When I got back to the house Sunday morning to do my Greek Civilisation essay, I couldn't concentrate. I've been battling with myself. One very weak side of me said to not tell him but the other strong side said tell him sooner rather than later. Which is true. The longer I hide it the longer the lie builds and builds and... Builds. 

So I'll tell him after class. I need to. That's why I'm shaking my leg. That's why I barely got any sleep last night. He hadn't come into my room last night because I was supposed to finish off the damned essay and he didn't want to distract me. But did I? Of course not! I barely got three hundred words for my five thousand word essay.

Michael looked up from his space on the desk and lifted a corner of his mouth at me. I winked discretely and received a full on smile.

"Careful, Eve." Katherine mumbled at my side.

I looked away from Michael and down at the history book. Michael had finished his lecture twenty minutes ago and said whoever needed help or wanted to stay for a bit to study could. Laura, Damien, Kate and I plus a few other students were sitting working or calling him over for help whenever it was needed. 

"Control your hormones." She whispered with a smile in her voice. "Are you alright though. Honestly, you seem a bit odd."

I glanced down at Michael who was casually typing on his laptop. But I knew he didn't need to be watching to know that he was listening.

"I'm fine." I repeated. "Seriously Kate."

"Alright." She held her hands up in surrender. "Everyone should be going in five for their next lecture. Stay behind." She turned to Laura and Damien. "Let's go get something to eat."

They all stood up after giving me a look. "Are you coming?"

I shook my head. "I'll catch up with you guys at the house."

They left after handing back the text books. Soon after, the lecture hall started to empty and Michael and I were the only ones left. I needed to speak with him about it now. I slowly stood and walked down the steps toward him.

"Michael." I stopped beside his desk. "I need to talk to you about something."

He shut his laptop screen, stood up to shut and lock the door and came to a stop in front of me. "Okay," He slid his hands around my waist and pulled me toward his body. Oh, why? Why did he have to be so perfect? So hard to resist? I couldn't help but let my hands snake into his soft hair and allow him to kiss me. It was a slow, almost too passionate for my body to withstand. 

He kissed along my jaw, my neck leaving little sparks of fire in its place. 

Focus, Evie. "Michael..."