36: Hit Me

____________________________________________ 

I tilted my head toward the ceiling. "Would you rather a vagina for a mouth or a penis for a nose?"

Michael's hand stopped moving up and down my arm to burst out laughing.

"That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard." He laughed.

"Well, you decided to wake me up at half eight, shout in my ear that it's a do nothing day, cook me breakfast and carry me into the living room. So that question is your fault. The timing of everything is so close together my brain just went kaput." I smiled up at him.

He smirked down at me. "It's one of those unanswered questions isn't it?"

I lifted my head up from his lap, turned around so I was on all fours on the couch and then lifted my arms so they could around his neck. He grinned when I kissed his cheek. "No, it's a 'you're screwed either way' question."

"Do I have to answer it then?"

I gave him another big kiss on the cheek and climbed behind him to sit on the edge of the couch. He grabbed my legs and put them over his shoulders. "Will you judge me? Play with my hair."

My eyes widened in delight. Yay. I started to run my hands through his soft hair with a grin. "I won't judge you."

He let out a sigh as he said, "I'd probably say a penis for a nose. That way I can get a nose job."

I laughed. "What if a nose job was impossible and you have to live with a penis for your nose forever?" I grabbed a fistful of his hair and turned his head to look up at me.

He smirked up at me. "Then I'd hide in my room forever." His voice was playfully eerie.

I let him turn forward again and continued to rake my fingers through his thick hair. "What if there's a lion in your room and you can't stay in there!"

"Then I'd kill the lion."

"Mike, you can't use your vampire-ness to get out of this one."

"I'll hide in my bathroom then."

"Your bathroom is barricaded."

"My closet."

"There's a skunk in there."

"My spare bedroom!" He insisted.

"The lions family lives in there."

"Oh, come on. Be sympathetic, I have a penis for a nose!"

I started chuckling and wrapped my arms around his neck. I leaned my chin on top of his head to say, "Fine. You can have the spare room."

"Oh, thank you, I was beginning to think I had no hope." He said dramatically.

"You know you're hair reminds me of a lion."

There was a moment silence. "Really?"

"Yeah because it's so wild. In a good way." I ran my hands up the sides of his hair.

"So I'm a lion?"

I my hands paused. "I said your hair--"

"You think I'm a lion?"

"No, did I say--?"

"Am I the king, Evie?" He turned around in my hands and wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Do you want to hear me roar?

"Oh god," I swung my legs off his shoulders, stood up and jumped over the couch when he tried to grab me. "Michael..."

He stood up and circled the couch slowly... Like a playful predator...