[11]

"THESE are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott asked his best friend and his new brunette female friend.

"Yeah, it's the one Deaton Healers." Stiles replied to him.

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer." Stella says with a monotone voice but Stiles knew better.

She was concerned.

"Can you hear that?" Stiles asked Scott as he stared behind them.

Scott and Stella turned around to see Sheriff talking on the phone with someone.

"They found a body."

"You okay?" Stiles asked once Scott walked inside the hospital to talk to his mom before leaving.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" Stella asked crossing her arms in front of her chest as she leaned against the front of his jeep.

"I was just making sure."

"Yeah, I'm okay, Stilinski." She nodded along to her sentence and shot him a forced smile towards him while she stared into his amber eyes once again.

Stiles was just awkwardly standing in front of her, his hands shoved into his front pockets while he tried to avoid eye contact with her but his eyes would always go back to her dark brown ones. Her dark brown eyes that looked so beautiful but Stiles was one of the few people who really looked deeply into her eyes to be able to know that she was broken.

"You're never going to stop calling me that, are you?" He asked squinting his eyes a bit, his body leaning closer towards her direction. His hands still in his pockets.

"Probably not. Why you got a problem with that?" She asked with a glint in her eyes, starting to walk towards him so they were now centimeters away from each other.

"Actually yes I do have a problem with that."

"Good. I'm going to keep calling you Stilinski." She widened her smile at how annoyed he was looking at the moment.

"So, uh... What do you think is going to happen to Danny?" Stiles asked trying to change the subject before his temper clashed with hers which would create a problem between them.

"I don't know and I don't really care." The words that slipped past the girls lips were all lies but she was in denial once again.

Even though she didn't know Danny for long she still cared for him no matter what she tried to tell herself. She was worried about him an hour ago.

That's when Stiles decided to stop trying to keep himself from her. He needed to understand clearly why she's acting in such a way. Why she was acting so.... heartless. When in reality he was able to see that she had a heart of gold but she was pulling herself back from it.

"Unbelievable." He scoffed and shook his head, licking his dry lips before looking down at her.

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?" She asked with her eyebrows raised.

"Heartless."

"It's better to be heartless than to have a broken heart."

"Who even broke your heart?" Stiles asked loudly while Stella unfolded her arms and clenched both of her fists, pulling herself back from him.