[39]

ALLISON walked into Stella's room with glossy eyes. She bit her bottom lip not understanding how she could let her cousin slip from her fingers.

"I just wanted to protect you, Ella." Allison whispered to herself as she lightly touched the picture that Stella put up on the wall of the two of them with Lydia.

"Allison, she's with Stiles. I'm sure they're fine." Chris commented from behind her causing her to quickly turn around.

"They've killed twelve people already. Twelve... Most of them were from Stella because she wrote her initials on their foreheads." Allison spoke lowly which scared her dad but he calmed himself and tried to cheer his daughter up, but how could he? When he too was upset about his niece.

"At least as of now, we know that the nogitsune doesn't want to kill her. That she's still alive. That's all that matters right now, Allison." Chris tried to explain it to his daughter that it was a good sign to know that Stella is alive and well.

But they knew that it was still pretty bad to have her killing innocent people. They knew but they didn't want to say it and admit it.

Chris didn't want to admit that the girl had killed nine out of the twelve people, when he saw her grow up. He saw her get potty trained, he saw her overcome her fear of clowns when she was six years old. He saw her grow up into a beautiful woman.

Allison didn't want to admit that her first best friend became a killer. She grew up with her. They were both in ballet class when they both lived in New York together. They protected one another and now Stella is just... gone.

"I need to save her from this, dad. She doesn't deserve to go through this. She's been through enough." Allison said out loud, looking up at her father who was nodding at her, agreeing.

But, Chris knew something that Allison didn't. Something that he didn't want to share with anyone. Which is why he wouldn't be surprised if Stella ended up going crazy like her own mother. But, he wasn't going to give up on his niece. Not that fast. He was going to fight for her.

"We will save her from this. I promise. We won't be giving up on her." Chris tells his daughter, pulling her into a hug.

She wrapped her arms around him, "I was suppose to protect her from all this, though. She's younger than me. I'm suppose to take care of her and keep her out of trouble. I failed her."

"No, you didn't. Allison, the girl came to Beacon Hills completely broken. She had issues with alcohol and drugs, she was afraid to love, and she was afraid of letting others in. Look at what you have done for her. She can control her drinking, she doesn't do any drugs, she fell in love with Stiles, she let Scott's pack into her life. The girl changed into a better person because you gave her another chance in life. You didn't fail her." Chris kissed Allison's forehead and pulled her back to look at her.

Stella gasped herself awake only to realize that she was in the woods by herself causing her to panic. She looked down at her body to see that she was fully clothed. The last thing she remembered was when the nogitsune had tried to force himself on her. Which is why she checked if she still had her clothes on. But, she groaned loudly when she realized she got possessed by Kurai. Which she promised the nogitsune she wouldn't let it happen but she didn't have a choice like he told her. It was like she had just drifted off into a deep sleep.

Stella looked down at her hands when she felt something sticky, to see red fresh blood on her hands all the way up to her elbows. Her breath started to increase as she slowly shoved her hand into her front pocket to find her phone. Once she took it out she looked in the reflection to see that she had some blood on her face.

"What the hell did she make me do?" Stella whispered not understanding how she had gotten into her situation, she bit her bottom lip to stop herself from crying.

She really didn't want to cry about it. At least not now, not when Stiles was still being possessed. Stella didn't know how she got control but she wasn't complaining either. She had time to talk to Scott and the others about what she knew so far about the nogitsune.

Stella picked herself up and started to look around the woods to try to figure out how to get out of there. It seemed like she was in the middle of nowhere. She doesn't remember anything familiar causing her to sigh.

She turned on her phone to see her lock screen which was a picture of her and Allison.

She put in her password and quickly looked for her cousins contact name. She was the first person she would call no matter in what situation she was in. She would always call her first. Allison was her person. She was the one she'd call if she needed to hide a body.

"Stella?"

"Allison, oh thank god you picked up. I-I don't know where I'm at. I just woke up in the middle of the woods with blood all over me and I'm... I'm really scared, Ally." Stella's voice cracked the more she thought about the people she had killed or injured.

"Sh, it's okay. It's okay, Stella. I'm going to get Scott and we're gonna look for you together." Allison tried to comfort her cousin but Stella was too busy thinking about how she had gotten all that blood in her hands.

"Please, hurry, Ally. I'm scared out of my mind right now. Just don't leave me here. I'm all alone."

"I would never leave without you, Ella. You hear me, Stella Diane Argent? I would never  leave without you."

"I love you." Stella whispered, smiling weakly with tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.

"I love you." Allison whispered back.