29. Gotta Get Out

Hey!

That 5SOS title though :D

Wha-hoo!

And uh... I don't know how to put this but...

Spoiler Alert...

Nah!

I ain't a spoiler!

Have fun reading!

Have fun with the characters.

Because Spoiler Alert: They Ain't Gonna Make It. :)

-

KATIE AND DELILAH

-

"That doesn't seem to be working," Delilah noticed, mid-chew. She was spewing bits of apple as she spoke, making the floor around her dangling feet an orchard of little apple crumbs. She pushed a loose strand of red hair behind her ear before swallowing a giant bite of the fruit.

"It will work," Katie said between her strained breaths. "I just know it."

The older girl kept pushed on the wooden stick. Almost there. Just a little more...

SNAP!

"Ugh!" Katie threw both halves of the table leg across the room, wood chips flying everywhere when it hit the wall hard.

Delilah frowned. "Now that poor table is legless."

Katie sent a glare to the red head, her stare lingering to the amputated table, which was, in fact, legless.

Delilah only took another bite of the red fruit.

Scoffing, Katie searched the room for something else to escape the room with. After failing to find an air vent teenage girl sized, sheets to tie together and throw out the window to climb down, and something strong enough to breakdown the large door with, she was running out of options. And the little brat in the pigtails was not helping.

The blonde knocked the Germ-X off the teacher's desk in annoyance, seething in hate for the dilemma that's been forced upon her.

How could she, the carefree, innocent birthday girl, have the entire orchestra's lifes thrusted onto her shoulders and have to save them before it became too late? What had she ever done to deserve this? What made her worthy of saving lifes?

It's times like these when superheroes would be very useful.

At the thought, Katie cynically laughed, recalling the strange event between her and Eli. Or Dr. Fluke. Whoever he was.

"What's so funny?" Delilah asked the teen, her childish curiosity sparking interest.

Katie shook her head, ignoring the younger girl. "We need to get out of here."

"But why?" Delilah whined. "I told you, Daddy said it was safe in here."

"Safe from what?" Katie snapped, making the red-hooded girl fall silent. "Look, there's something out there and it's going to hurt my friends if I don't go save them."

"Well, how do you know it's there?" Delilah asked. "You told me you dreamed it. I don't know what religion you believe in but dreams aren't real, no matter what you believe is true."