68. They Ain't Gonna Make It (Part 3)

(Read the ending note after reading the story please.)

(WARNING: GET TISSUES)

(LOTS OF TISSUES)

I cried writing this chapter. You'll see why.

And for the purpose of this story, let's pretend Sam Winchester is seventeen. Okay?

Ooo the ending is going to get you good!

And, for the last time (unless you count the epilogue) I give you...

-

WHOEVER IS STILL ALIVE

-

The kids stared at Katrina's body. Stared and cried and couldn't believe someone so innocent could receive such a horrible fate. She hadn't wanted to kill the man; she was too humane, too human to do that to someone else, even to a sick, sick man. She felt too intact with her morals to murder a man who murdered her friends. And for that, she got killed.

"It's not fair," Josie said, wanting to reach out and braid the girl's hair like the Katniss Everdeen Josie believed she was. But, she didn't know if that was the right thing to do.

Kala pulled the girl into a hug. "I know," she sighed, dully stroking the blondes hair. "It really isn't."

Then, Mr. Ford went crazy. He began shooting and shooting and shooting Katrina's body over and over and over again. He was screaming bloody murder and shooting and destroying her body beyond recognition. He wouldn't stop, no, he couldn't stop. He was angry. So angry. And it was his fault.

The kids watched in horror, flinching at every gunshot. That sound was going to haunt them until they died, the gun and the screaming and the trickling of blood on cement. Cat and Adam had to scoot back so that their ankles wouldn't get drenched in Eli and Katrina's blood.

Isabel wanted to stop him but she couldn't. She had used all of the ghostly powers she had by whacking him with the frying pan and talking to the others. She was slowly fading into the background, her spirit dissolving in the breeze. She didn't want to leave her friends at a time like this, but she couldn't help it. Her time was up. She tried to say goodbye, but no sound came out.

Then, she was gone completely.

Finally, Mr. Ford stopped shooting, breathing heavily as he looked thirstily at the teens.

"I need more," he said. "More, more, more, more-"

"Dad."

Mr. Ford turned around faster than a bullet, freezing at the sight now in front of him. "Son?"

"Don't do this," Kai said, his ghostly outline shimmering. "Don't kill them."

Mr. Ford looked confused. "But I-"

"Don't," Kai warned, carefully plucking the gun out of his father's hands.

He didn't have much time to do this.

Isabel didn't have enough.

He needed to act fast.

And so.

He did.

"Sorry, Dad," he said. "But you deserve this."