59. Hugs and Kisses... And Kidnaps?

New chapter!

This one has Adam speaking, therefore French, and I'm not even sure if any of it is right cause I don't know French and I used a translating app but yolo.

Anyway, I give you....

-

WHOEVER THE HECK IS LEFT

-

Kala frowned.

Eric sat all alone in the middle of the field, tucked into a little ball and staring blankly at the ground like the life had been sucked out of him. And, it kind of had.

His best friends had left him. Jasper had taken off like lightening when everything went wrong, Fireball tried to kill him, Kai killed himself instead of him, Harry nearly strangled the life out of him, and Zach was a lying scum-bag who probably murdered Harry. His friends he had relied on countless times to be there for him, for better or for worse, for rich and for poor, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'til death did them part, left him. Or maybe those were wedding vows, Eric didn't know, he'd never been to a wedding. That didn't matter though, because what did matter was his friends hadn't done what he expected them to do as friends.

Stay.

They all left him, in one way or another. And he was alone. All alone. Because his friends didn't love him like he loved them. No one did, he decided. No one loved him.

Kala sucked in a deep breath, sitting down next to Eric carefully, like making a lot of noise would set hum off like a bomb. She rubbed her hands on her jeans and sighed.

"You know, I've never really said anything nice to you." She watched a cloud shaped like a turtle pass over their heads.

Eric sniffled.

"It's obvious you're going through a tough time. Heck, we all are. Our friends died and now it looks like we can't even trust each other anymore." A shrill of laughter from Cat and Adam attracted her attention long enough for Eric to maul over how Zach betrayed his trust like it meant nothing. Like Harry meant nothing to him. What if that had been Eric Zach shot? Would Zach have shot him if he had the chance? Eric didn't know and he wasn't going to stick around Zach to find out.

Kala continued. "And since your best friends are gone and so are mine, I thought, maybe, we could cheer each other up." She picked a the grass by her foot. "I don't know how to do that, but I know what Lely would do to help me feel better."

Eric didn't move nor acknowledge Kala's presence at all, but he was listening intently. He didn't believe Kala could help him, she wasn't like Kai, but he was grateful for her trying. That meant something, right?

Then, Kala pulled Eric into a hug.

At first, Eric was confused and grossed out (because, cooties). Sure, he liked hugs, they were great, but Kala and him had never held a conversation where they didn't argue. In fact, he didn't even know her last name. He felt awkward and weird in her arms because it was awkward and weird and he wanted out as soon as possible.

But, instead of breaking free like the man he thought he was, he started sobbing like the baby he kept locked inside. Because Kala had given him what he needed.

Love.

"I-I just..." He couldn't form words through his cries. "I m-miss Kai and-and I wasn't a good f-freind to H-H-Harry and Zach, I-I-I-"

"Shhh," hummed Kala. "It's okay."

As Kala rubbed Eric's back in attempt to calm him down, Adam pressed a soft kiss onto Cat's nose, a giggle tickling past her lips.

He leaned down to her ear, whispering, "Vous êtes la plus belle fille que j'ai jamais vu," quietly. He added, "Je pourrais regarder votre pour tous les enternity et se fatiguent jamais."

Cat, having no idea what he said, cooed at his husky voice, wrapping herself into his cologne like it was one of those obnoxious, feathery scarfs. A boa, she thought. A big, blue boa.

"You're sexy," she laughed, taking his glasses off. She knew she should be worried about Zach and Katrina and Harry and whether or not they would survive, but Adam was so French and it was distracting. A heavenly distraction.

  Adam's brow creased in confusion. He had just told her she was beautiful and that he could stare at her forever, then she took his glasses off, the only thing that allowed him to see. Why would she do that?

She was playing games, he thought, so he pulled her glasses off and tossed them aside.

"Amour n'exige pas les yeux à regarder," he said. "Par conséquent, je suis assis ici, incapable de voir, et mon cœur bat encore, pour vous, mon cher."

She through her head back and laughed, "Just kiss me, you steaming hot crème brûlée!"

And, they were kissing. Passionately. Her arms around his neck and hands tugging on his dark brown hair, his arms tightly around her waist, holding her steady and he ran his hands up and down her back. They didn't even speak the same language, but they didn't have to. Not for this. Not for love.

Nearby, Josie jumped with excitement.

"I SHIP IT!" she exclaimed, already individually naming the kissers' kids and making fan-fictions in her head, like any normal best friend would do.

Josie looked around for someone to fangirl with when she realized she was standing all alone. Well, unless she counted Tannin, who was lying on the ground unconscious, which, she didn't. Frowning, she counted on her fingers everyone who was supposed to be there.

Eric, one. Kala, two. Adam, three. Cat, four. Tannin, five. Herself, six. Zach was gone, as was Katrina and Harry. So who was missing?

She gasped.

Where were Eve and Ali?

Suddenly, ginormous hands grabbed her waist and throat, preventing her from running or screaming.

And then, the world went black.