Chapter 1: The Boy in the Bush

Okay, quick A.N. for you. This is NOT my first story, nor fan-fiction, BUT it is my first fan-fiction over One Direction that isn't joint. :)

I'm not sure where this story is going, but I'll post it up to see what you guys think! :) Hope you enjoy!

_______________________

*Dakota's POV*

Laughter: that was felt through my eardrums as Kariann and I read yet another fan-fiction on Wattpad. It was true, for the past week the two of us have been obsessed with these stories. If we were at home, we were on our laptops, if we were out, we were on our phones, doing nothing but read. Don’t judge, we’ve been excited about a concert that was going to happen tonight and ever since my dad surprised the two of us with tickets, we haven’t been able to sleep because of our excitement. We were in a hotel room, staying for a few nights, since how everything was so coincidental because dad had to do some kind of training for his work and the concert ran into the middle of it. Dad was to be here for four days and three nights. We just got here yesterday, so we’ve done nothing but hang out in the hotel room and read. I’ve been texting one of my other best friends, being random with each other as always. In my moment of justice, Kariann started laughing. “Hey, don’t read ahead!” I complained, looking down at my computer screen.

 I quickly picked up where I left off. I started grinning like an idiot. “Wo-w” I droned and looked at Kariann.

I heard my phone slide off the bed and onto the floor as it vibrated, “Ugh, stupid phone.” I tried beinding over to get it, but I couldn’t reach. I sepped off the bed. “Hey, since you’re up, you should totally get me a drink out of the fridge.” Kariann said, giving me one of her fake smiles that would otherwise be considered sweet.

I shot my hands up, about to make a comeback, but I felt my phone slip out of my hand. I waited for it to hit the wall, but no…

“You didn’t…”

“Don’t tell me that it went out the window,” I said, eyes shut tightly and fist clinched.

“It did…”

“Shit!” I exclaimed. “Dad’s gonna kill me if that broke.”

“Damn it, Dakota, now we have to go find it…”   

We got dressed, putting on our flipflops as we left the room. “ I should hit you, but I think it’s good so something is getting us off our asses.” Kariann said, sighing as we leaned against the elevator wall.

We made it to the lobby, making our way to the back entrance of the hotel. There was a concrete stretch about ten feet from the entrance which broke into a smaller stretch of stairs in the center. “Thank God.” I said, “It didn’t land on the concrete…”

We made our way down the steps to the small lawn which held a tree and shrubs that outlined the concrete wall. We started searching, sticking close and double-checkout each other’s steps. “I swear Dakota…” Kariann started.

“Oh hush.” I said, “I’ll get you a drink when we’re done.”

“It better be a Big Blue, just so you-“

She was cut off by a sound of something moving in the bushes. We looked over, trying to find the spot where we heard the bushes moved. “Must’ve been a cat or something…” I said, shrugging.

Kariann started moving toward them in curiosity. I followed close behind. We were by the railing and we heard the screams before we saw the relatively large group of girls running down the steps and roaming into the yard, as if searching for someone. Kariann and I looked at each other, confused. She continues in what we were doing before and she peeks in. I saw her reach over and in, reaching for something. I was about to ask if she saw my phone but she pulled back, shocked, from the bushes, holding her hands to her mouth to keep from screaming. “What did you see?” I asked, “Did you find it?”