Chapter 15: In Their Own Words

*Niall’s POV*

We got back from Vancouver to Washington within the same night. We didn’t make it back into the tour bus to go to sleep until one o’clock. Dakota was fast asleep and Kariann stayed up the whole time to make sure we made it back safe. She soon went to bed after seeing that we were okay. I didn’t know why, but I felt restless. I kept tossing and turning for a half hour before I figured screw it, let’s get something to eat.

I quietly made my way downstairs to the mini fridge of goodies. I squatted down to look inside. I wanted something good, but I wasn’t for sure what yet.

From there, I hear a phone start to vibrate. I looked over to see Dakota’s phone going off. I watched as her hand began to frantically reach up and search for her phone. Her hand finally rested upon and out of habit answered it. “Hello…?” She asked sleepily.

Dakota slowly began to rise out of bed. “Whoa, whoa, Bonnie, calm down. What’s wrong?”

One of her legs were off the couch and exposed as her foot touched the floor. “What- hey! Seriously, Bonnie. You just woke me up at two o’clock in the morning crying and now you’re saying you’re fine. What the hell is going on?”

Dakota rubbed her hand across her face, confused and unsure of what to do. “What should I do?” Dakota asked quietly to herself before looking up.

When her eyes landed on me, they went wide and she brought a hand to her mouth. “Oh, my God. Niall! What the hell are you doing standing in the middle of the bus like a freaking creep!?”

I held up my hands, one holding a bottled water, the other a banana. “I got hungry.”

Dakota grabbed at her chest, trying to calm herself down. She stopped to think for a moment before she came up with an idea. She jumped out of bed, running to me. “Niall! Can you do me, like, the biggest favor a best friend can give?”

I raised an eye at her. “Bonnie, give me a few minutes. I got something that’ll make you happy.”

She smiled at me. “Mind playing Bonnie a song on the guitar? She’s crying because she has to leave to come home tomorrow and had to break up with her boyfriend.”

“You sound totally sympathetic.” I slightly mocked.

She held up her hands. “I can’t help it if she can’t deal with long distance relationships. Anyways, can’t you do it? Please, please, pleeeeease?”

“Okay…” I sighed. “I can’t sleep anyways.”

“Yay! You’re awesome! Meet me outside at the bench.”

I walked upstairs, bottled water and banana in hand to grab my guitar. I threw on my shoes and walked back down to go outside. The weather was humid and slightly hot as I walked out. I found Dakota on the bench and sat down next to her. She scooted over some, putting her phone on speaker and placing it in between us. “Bonnie. Say hi.”

“What? Why?” An Australian accent rang through the phone. I heard a soft sniff before she just gave in. “Hi.”

Dakota hit my arm. “Um… hi.” I said.

“The… what? Who is that?”

“It’s Niall.” Dakota introduced me. “He’s going to sing you a song.”

“What-“

“So shut up and pick a song so he can sing to you.” Dakota continued, yawning.

I heard a huff on the other end, making me smile some. So this was the ‘lover’ of Dakota. I’ve never talked to her before, but already did I like her. “Um, well, since I don’t know what songs you sing, how about Summer Love?”