Chapter 19: Harry's Confession

*Kariann’s POV*

I dreaded to just get on a plane and go home. It was a ten hour flight out of my way, yet I had to wait until tonight to leave. Damn time zones. It would be late evening by the time I got home, then school the next day. Bonnie and Dakota were walking on either side of me as the huge group walked down the streets of London.

It really was a beautiful city. Such an old-fashioned town and with my taste, I felt right at home. Not really now, I was actually feeling pretty homesick.

“I can’t believe I’m actually here.” Bonnie breathed, smiling. “I guess it’s a major bonus having a best friend who personally knows 1D, eh?”

Dakota laughed. “What? You know Niall.”

“Eh… we talk, but we just met today. I mean, look at him.” She nodded in his direction. He was well in the front of the group, talking to Liam. “He acts like a total stranger even though I’m here.”

I smiled a little at her. “He’s shy.”

“Still.” Bonnie muttered, putting a hand through her hair. She then sighed. “Maybe I hurt his feelings on Friday.”

“Why? What’d you say?” Dakota asked, curious.

“I know he’s crushing on me badly, but I’m pretty sure he knows that’s all it is.” Bonnie explained. “I straight up told him that even if we did date, it would never work. I suck at long-distance relationships and I started naming off my flaws with relationships to him.”

“And?” I urged.

Bonnie made an annoyed face. “The damn bastard smiled the whole time.”

Okay. That got me laughing. “Oh, jeez, Bonnie.” Dakota said, smiling.

Bonnie shrugged. “Oh well, I’m not worried about it. I was just being honest.”

“He’ll come around.” I said, interlocking our arms.

I put my other arm through Dakota. We grinned at each other. Okay, maybe I was feeling a lot better. As long as these two girls were around, I was happy. “Smile!” I heard ahead of me.

Eleanor had her phone out, holding it up. A smile automatically pulled onto my face. I heard a snap before Eleanor checked out the picture. “Perfect!” She smiled, showing her phone to Louis beside her.

Liam, Niall, and Zayn stopped too, looking back. “What’d you do?” Niall asked.

“I took a picture.” Eleanor said, holding up her phone.

“Wow, it looks great.” Zayn grinned. “You should send it to me.”

“Yeah, same here.” Liam said.

Eleanor looked around the group. “Who wants one?”

I think we all pretty much said we wanted a copy. I took note of an absence of one voice. Harry. I couldn’t stop myself, I looked over, seeing he parted partially away from the group. Once everyone got the picture, we were walking again. I noticed Zayn putting an arm around Harry’s shoulder, showing him his phone. I couldn’t see Harry’s face through his thick head of curls, but I saw Zayn smiling before messing with his phone.

I felt my day slowly get better. Whatever happened between me and Harry, I needed to just forget it. It really wasn’t his fault anyways. I knew that Brandy girl was just pushing all of our buttons.

God, what a bitch.

Nice job, now she made it completely awkward between me and one of the closest friends I had. The group decided to sit at a café to snack on something for lunch. The tables could only hold four at a time. Eleanor decided to sit with us girls and Louis pulled up a chair to the guys. I was surprised to not see him by his girlfriend. I even asked her about it. “What?” She said, raising an eye. “We’re not together 24/7. I mean, sure we don’t see each other often, but we’re quite independent. Plus… I think the guys are…”