Chapter 18: Mixed Feelings

*Kariann’s POV*

It was Saturday afternoon. I don’t think I’ll be able to make it until tomorrow night, not when I keep seeing Harry everywhere I looked. I didn’t know what it was, I mean, yeah I knew what he did the night before was because he was in a drunken state of mind, but still…

“Kariann…” I heard Dakota whisper to me. “You okay? You look like you want to hide from something.”

I’ve been doing my best to hide what happened last night. Why could she read me so well? “It’s… nothing.” I hesitated.

“Look at me.” She ordered.

I looked up at her. She stared me down for the longest moment. “I have the biggest hangover!” I flinched, hearing Harry’s voice near as he took a slump seat next to me. I felt my eyes widen in fear and shock. Shit-

I looked up at Dakota. Her eyes widened, seeing me act this way with Harry beside me. I swallowed. She grabbed both mine and Bonnie’s arms, standing. “Come on…” She started, urging us to get up.

“What-“ Bonnie started, standing anyways.

“Eleanor!” Dakota called out in the kitchen.

Her friend smiled from the kitchen. “Yeah?”

Dakota dragged the two of us into the corridor before the kitchen. “You think you can take us somewhere? I feel a girl talk coming on.”

Oh, no. Was she serious? I was fine telling just her, but all of the girls? Okay, maybe they can help me with this. Yeah, I could trust them with this. Eleanor was a little confused at first, but didn’t mind otherwise. She grabbed her wallet and keys and we headed to the door. We put on our shoes. She opened the door for us, but didn’t make a move to go outside.

“Oh! Hi!” An unfamiliar British female spoke up. “What a coincidence. Is Harry here?”

“Brandy!” The British boy yelled right behind me, very close.

I jumped, shocked to hear the girls name. The girl came through the door, practically throwing the four of us to the side as she ran to Harry, eloping into a hug. I felt my chest tightened the moment he set her on the floor, crashing his lips down onto hers. She smiled as she pulled away and smiled at us girls. She had shoulder-length dyed red hair, freckled faced, and bright blue eyes. She really was pretty, but holy shit did she remind me of, well, me. Minus the freckles. I didn’t have freckles. She made them look very attractive on a girl though.

I felt Harry make eye contact with me. Although the others smiled, greeting her. I couldn’t do it. I looked away, grabbing Eleanor’s arm. I think she got the hint. “Well, we were just leaving.” Eleanor said. “Let’s go girls!”

She rushed us out, closing the door behind us. The hell was wrong with me? It actually made sense now why he kissed me yesterday. That Brandy girl was obviously his girlfriend, so he must have mistaken me for her…

That idiot. Stupid, freaking, idiot. I wanted to punch him. He even said my name yesterday. He dares kisses me and not even acknowledge or apologize for it the next day. That bastard.

I really wanted to hit him.

*Harry’s POV*

I thought it was strange how Kariann didn’t say two words to Brandy when she came in. She sat next to me, clutching onto my arm as we sat around the couch. The guys were spread about elsewhere, seeming to avoid the two of us. I think they knew why I was with Brandy. I mean, I was a guy. A guy had his needs. Brandy was a pretty easy and open girl, so it wasn’t hard for her to give me what I wanted. We’ve only been seeing each other for a couple of weeks and I was going to call it off after this weekend, but she showed up out of nowhere.